banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know what colors the Competition Mustangs were?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know what colors the Competition Mustangs were?

Seems like the blue is Lake Placid with Sonic or Daphne Blue stripe, the red is Candy Apple with Olympic White stripe. What’s the orange? Was Capri Orange available when these were released or was that much later in the International Series? Any ideas what those two colors are?

Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Can’t answer your question, but the red one was my first guitar.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Pretty sure the answer is in the 5 watt world video on the mustangs, I just don't remember what it was. Definitely worth the watch for more background.
      EDIT: https://youtu.be/yrWFyNVPhbo
      Last edited by chadd; 01-27-2022, 11:50 AM. Reason: link

Comment

Originally posted by JB_From_Hell View Post
        Can’t answer your question, but the red one was my first guitar.
        That’s awesome.

Funny that I’m asking questions about Mustangs and Les Pauls with Floyd Rose bridges at the same time.
        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Is it Candy Apple or Dakota red?

At 14, I walked up to a guy in a music store, told him I really wanted a guitar with no paint, one pickup and a Floyd, or a Fender Mustang.
          “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

The official names for the colors were Competition Red, Competition Orange, and for some odd reason the blue one was called Competition Burgundy.
            sigpic
            Gibson LP Trad Pro II->Various pedals->MEsa Boogie MkV->Owensby/219 Guitar Works Vertical Slant 2x12 w/WGS ET-65 and Veteran 30.

Comment

Working...
            X