No announcement yet.

Darkening my Strat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I understand right what your idea is, this might be doing what you're looking for:

Right angle 1/4'' 2 pole timbre plugThe characteristic sound of a guitar is influenced to a certain extend by the used instrument cable. Particularly the natural electrical property of guitar cables cause the characteristic cable tone. Neutrik’s timbrePLUG provides the possibility to change the timbre of your ...

Comment

I like to have the general range of my guitar dialed in addition to having the use of the controls, not having to use the controls to get the tone usable. So I get what you mean. I prefer using resistors only, no cap. Because that softens the whole signal rather than only chopping off highs with a cap. You can just clip resistors across the hot and ground of your output jack until you find the value you like and then either hardwire a resistor in or change the volume pot to the value which approximates it.
      The things that you wanted
      I bought them for you

Comment

You're already getting the tone you want using the on board tone controls.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

Thanks all for your suggestions. Just to recap, I just want to darken my Strat when I'm using my modellers with presets that sound nice with my other guitars. The rest of the time my Strat is not too bright, or I can dial the sound I want on the amp.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
            If I understand right what your idea is, this might be doing what you're looking for:

https://www.neutrik.com/en/product/np2rx-timbre
            Spot On Will have a look at one of these jack. Thanks

Comment

Working...
            X