Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Noventa series

Any thoughts?

I absolutely love the idea of a hardtail p90 Strat & probably get one at some point. But Trogly’s review of the jazzmaster put me off. Entirely because of my snobbery of the components & the generic/cheap looking of the pickups & non CTS pots.

I think I’ve seen another video or article which the telecaster one where it was CTS pots.

I’ve not played one but desperately want to play one.

Comment

I'm kind of digging the strat

Comment

I played one.

Nice, but the stock pickups are very, VERY meh.
        Ain't nothin' but a G thang, baby.

Comment

I like the idea. When I was in a local guitar shop a couple of months ago with a budy of mine for him to look for a suitable bass cab to go with his new bass amp, I spent some time in the guitar corner and picked up the Jazzmaster. I was very disappointed, unfortunately. I really wanted to like it, but it was an absolute let down to me. Heavy, frets in a bad shape (I don’t like hearing skretchy sounds from the frets when bending with a brand new guitar), and as others said, the pickups aren’t great. Which surprised me, since I had a so called “black dove” MIM tele some years ago, and those P90s were really fantastic. I shouldn’t have that tele sold, but I guess I was the victim of some serious GAS at that moment. Anyway, I’d pass for the Noventa one. I might have held a lemon that day in the shop, but I had much better MIM Fenders in the past (the black dove tele and a classic player jazzmaster as well, both really nice guitars).

Comment

Working...
          X