banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top routed body - what shape for single coils?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top routed body - what shape for single coils?

I’ve been debating this on my head for too long. On an HSS, top routed body (think Jackson Soloist style) which shape would you go for?

-Vintage Strat shape with “Tri-oval” bump, similar to SSL-1, old Hot Rails shape, Fluence Single Width, etc.
    -EMG oval, no bump - similar to EMG, SSL-5, Stack Plus and new Hot Rails shape.

If it wasn’t for the Fluence, I’d probably be 100% on board with the simple oval. With Stack Plus, Hot Rails, SSL-5 and shop floor custom SSL-1 able to fit along with EMG, there’s a lot of flexibility.
    Vintage Strat shape
    80.00%
    EMG Strat shape
    20.00%
    Rob Option
    0%
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Image:

Click image for larger version

Name:	DF5ECA4B-34E3-42F2-BA32-ED5D9090459F.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	6152519
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

for versatilitys sake, id do the vintage shape. there are too many cool pups out there to limit to the emg/oval shape rout. unless you have the perfect set of pups and never plan to change (haha riiight) then i like options

Comment

I vote vintage rout too. Why limit your choices?
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I think it’s two reasons, I like the cleaner look of the oval if they are oval shaped pickups and I think I’ve seen too many raw wood routes from Warmoth. Painting the cavity black would probably resolve that second issue. So standard Strat rout is probably the best.
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Vintage . . . just because you never know if you'll want to swap the pickups.
            Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
            This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Vintage, as you will have more choices of pickups. You can order any single coil SD on a different base as a Shop Floor Custom.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Vintage, as you will have more choices of pickups. You can order any single coil SD on a different base as a Shop Floor Custom.
                Even the stacks and rails?
                Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Vintage with single coil mounting rings maybe?
                  "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

Even the stacks and rails?
                    The page says just for singles. You might have to go to the Custom Shop to get stacks or Rails on a different bottom plate.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                    X