Staggering Price Difference - Tuners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staggering Price Difference - Tuners

I've seen price differences before but this is staggering.

Antique Electronic Supply:
    https://www.tubesandmore.com/product...taggered-posts
    $37.95

Stew-Mac:
    https://www.stewmac.com/parts-and-ha...n-line-tuners/
    $67.99

Same exact tuners. $30 difference between the two resellers. That's wild. Now, I know that Stew-Mac generally has things priced a little higher but I did not expect to see it be this much for these tuners.

Stew Mac has gone crazy IME

Comment

All guitar players should just pay whatever a given company sets their prices at for their gear.

Never question Stew-Mac (or Gibson for that matter) prices.

After all, it's the SDUGF way.

Comment

Being born and raised in a communist country in a centralized economy environment and experiencing both sides of the coin first hand, the capitalist adage "charge as much as you can get away with" will always resonate with me. If one can sell overpriced products / produce, good on them, respect

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon
          In all fairness, these are staggered tuners. Shouldnt the prices be staggering as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Somebody caught that...LOL

Seriously, though, that's a crazy difference. I don't care who you are, that's way beyond typical markup. As I looked around, I saw those same ones for $49.99 at other places.

I did end up ordering a set of them from AES. They are going on my Warmoth Strat that has the non-staggered on them and I'm putting the non-staggered on the Classic Vibe Strat. The Grover Lockers aren't working. They added more weight than I like to the headstock and the high E loosens up when initially stringing up. In fact, they all do, even after tightening them down. The high E slips, the B slips a little, then I have to tighten it, tune up again. Nope. Going back. I'll stick with what has worked for me for years. Crazy enough, the Grovers on my Les Paul do not do this. No problems with them at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
              Somebody caught that...LOL

Seriously, though, that's a crazy difference. I don't care who you are, that's way beyond typical markup.
              It is - and someone needs to call them on their BS.

Unfortunately, these are the days of price gouging + intended inflation.

The consumer always gets left holding the bag ("pass the cost onto the customer").

I'd kill to have the days of $1.97 91 octane gasoline back... just a few years ago...

...but then again, I'm a responsible business owner who is responsible for a budget.

Comment

I honestly thought that with the pandemic they had moved their model to be more business to business like a distributor because I couldn’t believe their prices to consumers being competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Blille View Post
                  I honestly thought that with the pandemic they had moved their model to be more business to business like a distributor because I couldn’t believe their prices to consumers being competitive.
                  B2B - good possibility and point.

Comment

With that kind of markup, how can that be good for B2B? If you're a distributer, the prices should be lower. Distributer = middle man, not overpriced retailer. Their tools are even way overpriced now. A simple reaming tool is near $90. Yeah, no.

Anyway, those staggered tuners should be here Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Little Pigbacon

Maybe B2B pricing is privileged information and they are actively discouraging onesy-twosy retail business by ratcheting up the prices that everyone else sees.
                      Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                      With that kind of markup, how can that be good for B2B? If you're a distributer, the prices should be lower. Distributer = middle man, not overpriced retailer. Their tools are even way overpriced now. A simple reaming tool is near $90. Yeah, no.

Anyway, those staggered tuners should be here Monday.
                      Exactly. B2B but not at those prices.

Enjoy the tuners!

Comment

Maybe it's Fed Gov't prices...

Comment

Stew mac and all parts have been theiving bastardos for as long as i can remember.

I never use all parts.

I only use stew mac for stuff i cant find anywhere else, which is rare.

i don't like getting hosed.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

I'd kill to have the days of $1.97 91 octane gasoline back... just a few years ago...
                            When I was in college I used to buy regular for $0.23 - 0.25 a gallon, premium 100+ octane for $0.27 - 0.30 a gal. In the middle of Nevada regular was $0.33 a gal and I thought that that was such a rip off...I refused to pay those high prices! (Boy, I would gladly pay those prices now. Even double or triple those prices)!
                            Originally Posted by IanBallard
                            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                            X