4pdt switch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4pdt switch?

halp! im rewiring a strat with hot rails neck and bridge, middle strabro90. what id really like is a 4pdt on/on/on switch that will mount where the neck tone would usually be so i can series/split/parallel both pups at the same time. does such a thing exist and if so, where can i get one! if not, ill have to settle for a 4pdt on/on for series/parallel. dunno where to get that either but i know they exist

Would this guy work? Might need to use a pair of washers and lock nuts for the tone pot hole?

Brand New Chrome 3-position On-On-On 4-Pole 4PDT toggle switch with 12-terminals. 9/16″ deep with 7/16″ threaded bushing length. Mounting hardware is included. Fits standard size pot / jack hole. This is not a mini-toggle switch.Allparts # EP-4362-000 Authorized Allparts parts distributor since...
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

GuitarElectronics has a couple:

https://guitarelectronics.com/3-way-4-pole-on-on-on-toggle-switch/

https://guitarelectronics.com/3-way-...toggle-switch/

The URL function is messing up. When you get to one, you'll see the other on the side.

Comment

I had my tech install one of these to replace a single volume pot on a Dinky with a single bridge trembucker, wired for series / parallel / split.

DiMarzio was founded on the spirit of continuous improvement and a passionate reverence for our vintage roots. Our parts hold to these same ideals, because we know that the performance of your pickups is only as good as the parts connecting them. So, we searched the industry for the most robust, reliable, and finest sounding electrical parts to offer our customers, including many parts that are custom-built specifically for DiMarzio. The easiest way to explain a three-position, four pole double throw switch is to say that it is essentially two double throw double pole switches in one housing. With just this one powerful switch, any number of switching options can be achieved — from simple pickup selection to phase reversal, coil splitting, and pickup selection or blower switch options (routing around a volume or tone pot and direct to the output jack). These switches can directly retrofit most 3-way toggles with a 15/32”-32 threaded bushing. Two nuts, a finish washer, and a sawtooth lock washer are included for easy installation. Please refer to our wiring diagrams for detailed schematics. If you still have questions, please call one of our knowledgeable and friendly techs at: +1 (718) 816-8112 (Monday through Friday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time) or email: [email protected] We endeavor to reply to most emails by the next business day.

Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
          Would this guy work? Might need to use a pair of washers and lock nuts for the tone pot hole?

https://reverb.com/item/38976202-all...me-ep-4362-000
          WOW! That's expensive!
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Synapsys View Post
            I had my tech install one of these to replace a single volume pot on a Dinky with a single bridge trembucker, wired for series / parallel / split.

DiMarzio was founded on the spirit of continuous improvement and a passionate reverence for our vintage roots. Our parts hold to these same ideals, because we know that the performance of your pickups is only as good as the parts connecting them. So, we searched the industry for the most robust, reliable, and finest sounding electrical parts to offer our customers, including many parts that are custom-built specifically for DiMarzio. The easiest way to explain a three-position, four pole double throw switch is to say that it is essentially two double throw double pole switches in one housing. With just this one powerful switch, any number of switching options can be achieved — from simple pickup selection to phase reversal, coil splitting, and pickup selection or blower switch options (routing around a volume or tone pot and direct to the output jack). These switches can directly retrofit most 3-way toggles with a 15/32”-32 threaded bushing. Two nuts, a finish washer, and a sawtooth lock washer are included for easy installation. Please refer to our wiring diagrams for detailed schematics. If you still have questions, please call one of our knowledgeable and friendly techs at: +1 (718) 816-8112 (Monday through Friday 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM Eastern Time) or email: [email protected] We endeavor to reply to most emails by the next business day.

$34.00 for a switch?!!!!

Comment

If you're going to pay that much you should at least get the one with the correct size shaft...

https://guitarelectronics.com/3-way-...toggle-switch/

https://www.ebay.com/itm/252632266579?hash=item3ad20e7753:g:65YAAOSw5cNYJl0 u

What about using a super switch?
              Last edited by GuitarDoc; 03-03-2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

super switch is a little limiting with three pups with so many options. i have a p/p tone to select the output of the strabro90 (tapped single coil). but really want to be able to, at least, have series and parallel options for the two hot rails. the split option is nice to have but dont know how much ill use it. $30 for a switch seems steep but a handle of jd cost $45 and thatll be gone in a week so in the grand scheme of things, not that big a deal i guess.

Comment

I believe I have used those expensive switches before. They can pretty much charge what they want because not many people make or use them.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    I believe I have used those expensive switches before. They can pretty much charge what they want because not many people make or use them.
                    China makes tons of them and they work fine.
                    They're dirt cheap too.

Comment

where are the cheap ones? all the ones ive seen are $25+

Comment

Those are the big toggles. There are 4pdt mini switches for a lot less.

https://www.google.com/search?q=4pdt...hrome&ie=UTF-8

But those are for a much smaller mounting hole.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
                          where are the cheap ones? all the ones ive seen are $25+
                          Amazon, sometimes it takes a bit of searching.
                          you're looking for a full size or a mini?

Comment

I wouldn't use a full size toggle

Comment

Working...
                            X