One of my solids is getting a body transplant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being sneaky?
    I have a client who can't buy any new guitars without selling one, because "my wife can count".

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

A while back I bought a Rosewood Tele (with my wife's approval), then a week later I had my SG on the guitar stand that I had just swapped pickups in and my wife said "Is that your new guitar?" referring to the Tele. At that point I was like, "YES!!" It appears that as long as I never have more than one out on a stand, she'll never know how many.

Back to OP - love the color and top wood on that thinline.

Comment

Just waiting for the pickups. Then I will attach the pickguard, fit the strap locks and job done.

I fitted the bridge, neck and tuners today, then took a punt and fitted some strings. I set the Intonation and string heights. It's not at all sharp at the neck, so I don't have to mess with the nut, so far at least.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	20220330_134151.jpg Views:	1 Size:	26.7 KB ID:	6162376

Comment

Finished. Click image for larger version

Name:	20220402_063451.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	6164519 Click image for larger version

Name:	20220402_063702.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	6164520

Comment

Needs a laser cut wood logo!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Yeh. Got to think up a cool company name first . Then a logo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                Needs a laser cut wood logo!
                That would be cool but I think branding on the headstock would be cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

That would be cool but I think branding on the headstock would be cooler.
                  That might be harder to do, actually.

Comment

That might be harder to do, actually.
                    A steady hand, good design, and a soldering iron can get it done if you have the skills.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

A steady hand, good design, and a soldering iron can get it done if you have the skills.
                      That's it- I absolutely don't.

Comment

For branding, find someone who was skilled with those 70's Wood Burning Kits. Hopefully they also kept their kit.
                        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Well. The Chrimbo before last I bought my dad a set of those steak branding irons from Buc-Cees, so I guess I could have a go...

But then, perhaps not.

If I ever do decide to put names on my guitars, I think it'll be waterslides under clearcoat.

Given they're all Partscaters, and my almost pathological addiction to brussels sprouts, Lupe Tortilla's charro beans, etc., maybe Fart caster Guitars?

Comment

That's it- I absolutely don't.
                            I feel your pain.
                            Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
                            https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
                            Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

^ Some of us pay good money for that sort of thing

Comment

Turned out pretty nice.

Waterslides with clearcoat. You can get them custom made to any design you want and they're pretty cheap if you get a half sheet (about 10-24 depending on size).
                                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                                X