New Vandenberg Coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Vandenberg Coming

Great episode last night. Starts with career timeline, then to Whitesnake era, early style influences, some road stories including funny/dangerous Ozzy stuff, ect..
    Anyways he is working with Peavey on the new AV sig re-release. This one will look much the same but with an OFR instead of the K. Not many details on it yet of course lol.

MAn - I had a chance to buy an original Pink one for like $500....That thump you just heard was me kicking myself in the @$$. Of course, didn't know 20 years later I'd be in a hair band.

Originally posted by Bad City
    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	P8290009.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	6159276

I had a couple Vandy's. They were okay. The neck thru puzzle guitars were worth the most $$$
      Peavey never stopped making the Vandenberg technically its been called the "V" type last 20 years.
      Same with the Wolfgang being the HP special and the 6505 / 5150 and lots other stuff.
      Hartly gonna make his junk with or without endorsement.
      I gave up on Ibanez / Peavey / Carvin type stuff along time ago. Has no resale. Just wasting money.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
        Click image for larger version

Name:	P8290009.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	6159276

I had a couple Vandy's. They were okay. The neck thru puzzle guitars were worth the most $$$
        Peavey never stopped making the Vandenberg technically its been called the "V" type last 20 years.
        Same with the Wolfgang being the HP special and the 6505 / 5150 and lots other stuff.
        Hartly gonna make his junk with or without endorsement.
        I gave up on Ibanez / Peavey / Carvin type stuff along time ago. Has no resale. Just wasting money.
        I just found out Vandenberg was a person, not a place. I thought it was in the grand tradition of Shaftesbury UK or a Wolfsburg edition VW etc...
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

I just found out Vandenberg was a person, not a place. I thought it was in the grand tradition of Shaftesbury UK or a Wolfsburg edition VW etc...

Well he was a big Les Paul guy so the sig Super Strat thing didn't really happen til he was with Whitesnake and it was just a way to sell guitars for Peavey.

Last edited by JMP/HBE; 03-20-2022, 09:48 AM.

Comment

I always wanted the red one!

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

Whats the prep time on a hair doo like that?
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Looks like he just got out of bed in that last ad.

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                  MAn - I had a chance to buy an original Pink one for like $500....That thump you just heard was me kicking myself in the @$$. Of course, didn't know 20 years later I'd be in a hair band.
                  I owned one of those for a year, until I sold it to my brother who ended up selling it for three times the price a decade later. If these happen I am pretty sure I'll be getting a pink one and a polka dot Nightswan to go along with it.

Comment

Still have a 1990 white Vandenberg

Comment

The early Vanderberg albums are good if you can get used to the slightly hokey lead singer.

OTOH, "Burning Heart" is a great early 80's ballad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post

I owned one of those for a year, until I sold it to my brother who ended up selling it for three times the price a decade later. If these happen I am pretty sure I'll be getting a pink one and a polka dot Nightswan to go along with it.
                        I'm a fan of the Aztec myself.
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post

I'm a fan of the Aztec myself.
                          The Aztec is awesome, and traditionally the rarest finish, since they were only made as promo models back in the day, but if the goal is unabashedly eighties you just can't beat polka dots.

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post
                            The early Vanderberg albums are good if you can get used to the slightly hokey lead singer.

OTOH, "Burning Heart" is a great early 80's ballad.
                            I love all three of them. There are so many cool guitar ideas on Alibi in particular: far more is going on in those songs than is obvious at first glance.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirion View Post

I love all three of them. There are so many cool guitar ideas on Alibi in particular: far more is going on in those songs than is obvious at first glance.
                              "Waiiit, waiiit, wait... 'til the **** hits the faa-aan!"

Comment

Working...
                              X