Singlecut build with Warmoth neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Singlecut build with Warmoth neck

Finally finished the guitar build that I started last summer! It's been through a lot of bumps in the road, (the final one being finding out that I had placed the bridge too far forward) but the journey was well worth it.
    Specs:
    -Hollowed black korina body with a 3/4 inch hand carved bubinga top. Nitro finish by me. using Stew Mac "Colortone" spray cans.
    -Warmoth 24 3/4 conversion neck "Vortex" shape, bubinga shaft, ebony fretboard "59 Roundback" neck profile, stainless steel 6105 frets, Hipshot locking tuners
    -Recessed Tonepros TP6A tune o'matic bridge, aluminum with brass saddles
    -Ebony wood pickup rings, knobs, switch tip, truss cover, and tuner buttons. Bubinga control plate. (NO PLASTIC PARTS!)
    -Vineham Pickups "Vivid" low wind alnico II p.a.f. style humbuckers
    -Volume, treble, and bass cut (as found on certain Reverend, Yamaha, and G&L guitars)
    -Weighs about 9 lbs which is fairly heavy considering that the body is mostly hollowed out, I think because of the very dense bubinga top.
    -Tonally it's very clear but warm and slightly mids focused. The bridge pickup is slightly softer and fatter sounding than most bridge pickups, as it's about half an inch closer to the fretboard than normal.
    In the future I play to do a small mother of pearl inlay on the ebony plug that I made to cover the original bridge route

looks great! even the oops isnt too bad lookin. betcha the low wind bridge pup closer to the neck would suit me well. i have a rug thats kinda similar to that too. did you do the body?

Comment

Damn dude... that's all sorts of awesome!
      “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

That looks awesome!! Congrats on a great build!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Thanks guys!

jeremy yeah I built the body; this is my second "body from scratch + Warmoth neck" build.

Comment

Not bad. From now on - measure twice, cut once.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

The body shape and neck really go well together.
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Nice job, dude.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                X