No announcement yet.

Spotted this at GC Wednesday night....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotted this at GC Wednesday night....

Used Eastwood Tv Solid Body Electric Guitar | Guitar Center

Needs a Kahler.... right?
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Not really.

Comment

^^^ Especially since it's a bass.

Comment

We are inclusive here on the SD Forum. Kahler still makes bass tremolos!
        I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

^^^ Especially since it's a bass.
          23" scale length, a pencil of a neck, and skinny strings do not make a bass.
          However, if I had it - I would tune it in 5ths like a mandola and play it as such.

Comment

What an odd little instrument!
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Eastwood is the king of odd gear.

Comment

Odd in a cool kinda way. Do you remember how much they wanted for it?

Comment

$400. Check the link - it's the actual guitar I saw on the wall. It was closing time, so I didn't make them get it down off the top row....

Comment

ok...
                    Originally posted by Bad City
                    He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

23" scale length, a pencil of a neck, and skinny strings do not make a bass.
                      However, if I had it - I would tune it in 5ths like a mandola and play it as such.
                      Is there any modern use for a mandola? I'd love to hear it in a modern tune.

Comment

Is there any modern use for a mandola? I'd love to hear it in a modern tune.
                        I'm sure there is. Lots of mandola in bluegrass and acoustic music. Have you heard of Sierra Hull? Sarah Jarosz? John Paul Jones? (yes, the Zep bassist), Johnny Gimble played mandola with Bob Wills... Shall I go on?

It's basically pitched between a mandolin and a mandocello - tuned in 5ths.

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post

I'm sure there is. Lots of mandola in bluegrass and acoustic music. Have you heard of Sierra Hull? Sarah Jarosz? John Paul Jones? (yes, the Zep bassist), Johnny Gimble played mandola with Bob Wills... Shall I go on?

It's basically pitched between a mandolin and a mandocello - tuned in 5ths.
                          I might not have known what I was listening to. Have a particular tune in mind?

Comment

Many people mistake them for 12 string guitars or mandolins in the mix.
                            Sometimes they are referred to as octave mandolins....
                            Here's Sarah Jarosz...

Sarah Jarosz - "House of Mercy" (Old Settler's Pop-Up Session) - YouTube

Sarah Jarosz - I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For (U2 Cover) - YouTube

Ring Them Bells - I'm With Her - 10/10/2015 - YouTube

Comment

Oh very cool- you are right...it has a very unique sound.

Comment

Working...
                              X