NGD Gibson SG '61 Reissue Ltd Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD Gibson SG '61 Reissue Ltd Edition

I' m very happy with my new SG, this 2016 model has one piece body, nickel hardware and real Gibson ABR-1 bridge.

Click image for larger version

Name:	gibson94.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	6164217

Nice. Classic. Always like the half-pickguard look (as opposed to the batwing version on my SG)

Comment

Looks like my SG just 10x nicer. I have the bat-wing pickguard also.

Comment

Sab-tastic! Congrats!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I first thought of Angus

Comment

That's awesome! I love SG's.

Comment

Yehh \m/. What makes it a limited and different from previous '61 reissues?

I personally prefer the ABR loaded ones, they tend to have a lower neck angle, bit more comfortable for picking hand. Red is classic but they look amazing in black.

Back in my salad days, I was gassing bad for a '61 reissue. A store I used to buy strings at had a red one and it was hanging at the top of the wall – literally and figuratively out of reach.
              Originally posted by dominus
              Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                Yehh \m/. What makes it a limited and different from previous '61 reissues?

I personally prefer the ABR loaded ones, they tend to have a lower neck angle, bit more comfortable for picking hand. Red is classic but they look amazing in black.

Back in my salad days, I was gassing bad for a '61 reissue. A store I used to buy strings at had a red one and it was hanging at the top of the wall – literally and figuratively out of reach.
                I never got the chance to try one of these guitars. They're always out of reach at Guitar Center when I go and not a employee in sight....

Comment

looks like a great rock n roll machine! enjoy

Comment

I like the Brian May SG style, so I will mod. My '61 RI : white pickguard and white covers, vintage repro knobs, brass saddles, M-69 pickup rings,

The SG sound very consistant, killer '57 Classic, and slim taper neck profile is a dream. Wait and see how the SG will look like ...

Name:	temp_159.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	6164613

Name:	gibson95.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	6164614

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                      Nice. Classic. Always like the half-pickguard look (as opposed to the batwing version on my SG)
                      ^, +10!!
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

The 'silver fox' finish is indeed sweet. Gonna pop with some white plastics.

Originally posted by UnderTheFlame83 View Post

I never got the chance to try one of these guitars. They're always out of reach at Guitar Center when I go and not a employee in sight....
                        Right? And when you're a kid, they'd just give you the stink-eye because they'd think you'd break it if they let you have a go on it *eye roll*.

A family friend owned an original Junior (early one w/ 'Les Paul' logo) which I got to try. Neck wasn't super thin either like some from that period. Just a cool guitar and barely restrained P90.

I think the VOS ones are nice too, aside from being mega bucks.
                        Originally posted by dominus
                        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

I finished the customisation and the '61 Reissue looks really cool IMHO, I' m in love ... The neck profile is great and the luthier made a very good job on the new bone nut.
                          Happy NGD !

Name:	gibson96.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	6165095

Name:	gibson98.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	6165096

Comment

Nice one. Didn't you have a white truss cover also?

I did something similar with mine a while back:

Comment

Chub Worthy!
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Working...
                              X