Charvel SoCal Customized & Done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel SoCal Customized & Done

Picked up a Charvel SoCal in Snow White here (needed a permanent home for my 80's JBJ):

https://forum.seymourduncan.com/foru...fr#post6164190

Finished with the customizing & wiring of all new pickguard ass'y.

- swapped 99.5% of the black hardware for chrome (have to swap straplocks yet, and jack plate)
    - Original Floyd Rose with Fat Brass Block & Pop-In arm, springs, brass fine tuners, stainless steel who-ze-whatsits everywhere
    - My old 80s JBJ in bridge
    - SH-10n in neck
    - series/parallel with Bourns push pull 500K
    - Bourns 500K no-load tone pot
    - 3 way switch
    - Orange sparkle pickguard from WD
    - Hipshot locking tuners with pearl buttons

Does it kick ass? Yes, it definitely kicks ass.

A quick, rough clip:

Flight of the Wounded Bumblebee (Nuno solo)

Pics (including "righty" versions for you freaks out there):

Before:

Click image for larger version  Name:	CSC Stock.jpg Views:	2 Size:	44.3 KB ID:	6165355Click image for larger version  Name:	CSC Stock R.jpg Views:	2 Size:	44.6 KB ID:	6165356

After:

Click image for larger version  Name:	CSC Custom 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	37.3 KB ID:	6165357Click image for larger version  Name:	CSC Custom 1 R.jpg Views:	2 Size:	37.6 KB ID:	6165358

Various other pics including my old JBJ which probably has over a 1,000 hours on it:

Click image for larger version  Name:	SD JBJ 3.jpg Views:	2 Size:	55.9 KB ID:	6165359

Click image for larger version  Name:	SD JBJ 2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	79.4 KB ID:	6165360

Click image for larger version  Name:	SD JBJ 1.jpg Views:	2 Size:	57.0 KB ID:	6165361

Click image for larger version  Name:	CSC Custom Pearl Tuners.jpg Views:	2 Size:	37.0 KB ID:	6165362

Click image for larger version  Name:	CSC Custom 2.jpg Views:	2 Size:	56.0 KB ID:	6165363Click image for larger version  Name:	CSC Custom 2 R.jpg Views:	2 Size:	56.2 KB ID:	6165364
    Last edited by LLL; 04-11-2022, 08:26 PM.

Anybody has any questions about modding theirs (highly recommended as a guitar with "good bones" for modding) lemme know.

Comment

Cut the damned string ends off!
      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I just put the ball ends through the tuners on Floyded guitars, much cleaner, and the colored ends on D'Addarios are kinda cool.

I have to say, I'm more of a fan of the black pickguard, but if we all liked the same thing life would be boring. I do agree with the MIM Charvels being great foundations!

Comment

Nice man! Glad you dig it.
          The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

"No women allowed!" <guitar intro to he-man woman hater>

That was sweet. Sounds great. The pickguard is a little loud but so what. It's different.

Comment

Sounds great. Nice playing, LLL. You should be in a band.

I honestly like the all-black of stock Charvels myself, but I can see how the gold sparkle would work with your green sparkle custom SG.

Comment

looks great! the before is ok, but bland. the after pops!

Comment

I'm a fan. Looks and sounds great.
                  The things that you wanted
                  I bought them for you

Comment

Where did you get the pick guard?
                    The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
                      Cut the damned string ends off!
                      No way man - I get extra toanz with that string strategery.

Comment

Originally posted by ErikH View Post
                        "No women allowed!" <guitar intro to he-man woman hater>

That was sweet. Sounds great. The pickguard is a little loud but so what. It's different.
                        Well I'm kinda loud. Not as loud as Mr. Tufnel, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Bogner View Post
                          Where did you get the pick guard?
                          WD Pickguards (since the 70's).

Comment

Originally posted by LLL View Post

WD Pickguards (since the 70's).
                            Cool, I will check them out.

Comment

Working...
                            X