Ibanez AS-2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez AS-2000

On the bench, a clients Ibanez AS-2000 - spanking new in the case. Needed very little in the setup, just lowered the bridge a bit. Nut action was perfect. It plays very well, despite the heavy strings (factory gauge - .013 to .052 - pretty heavy). Sounds great, too. This guy is a Nashville studio ace and will retire his vintage Les Pauls and Teles to use this sweet beauty. He has high hopes for it, and I think it will please him for years to come.

AS2000 | AS | HOLLOW BODIES | PRODUCTS | Ibanez guitars

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

the series/split/parallel on the neck pup is a cool option. nice guitars for sure!

Comment

Great looks and the tone to back them up!

A while back, did you have a client looking for a specific model Gibson ES? If so, I am curious if the same client and if not I will plead "to late at night when I saw that topic."

I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

A while back, did you have a client looking for a specific model Gibson ES? If so, I am curious if the same client and if not I will plead "to late at night when I saw that topic."
        Nope, different cat.

Comment

Beautiful guitar
          My Bands -
          https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
          www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
          www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
          GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Ibanez semi-hollows are great guitars. Rhythm player in one of my first bands had an Artist model with the two extra switches. Sounded every bit like an ES-335, but for entry-level money.

Comment

Never should have sold my Lee Ritenour model. Love my AS-73 loaded with Antiquities....

Comment

Schofield still plays his originals live, think he has a black and a burst one. Afaik his sig is pretty much the same as that Prestige, maybe some differences in neck shape and other details.
                Originally posted by dominus
                Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Got curious about this "S-TECH WOOD" thing. Talk about going the whole 9 yards to make a great instrument:

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post
                    Got curious about this "S-TECH WOOD" thing. Talk about going the whole 9 yards to make a great instrument:

https://ibanez.fandom.com/wiki/S-Tech_wood
                    Interesting. Now I have to try it. I am not someone who minds alternative materials in guitars, but some might not dig it.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Interesting. Now I have to try it. I am not someone who minds alternative materials in guitars, but some might not dig it.
                      I thought it was alternative material, but is not! Just a very meticulous treatment of wood, under pressure, in nitrogen atmosphere and very high temperature - at least thats how I understood it

Comment

High tech roasted woods.... I didn't even notice until I read the webpage....

Comment

Ibanez semi-hollows are great instruments. Amazing value. Your client will love playing that for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by nexion218 View Post

I thought it was alternative material, but is not! Just a very meticulous treatment of wood, under pressure, in nitrogen atmosphere and very high temperature - at least thats how I understood it
                            Most guitarists are dead set on very specific materials for each part of the guitar. The new fingerboard material is probably a wonderful thing to play on- but some people get really weird about new stuff. One of my guitars uses a fingerboard made up of paper layered in superglue and cut in sheets....it looks like ebony, and it is a joy to play on.
                            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I imagine everyone who does the roasting/baking/torrefaction thing uses similar principles – I guess the idea is to reduce the moisture content of the wood and also break down the hemicellulose structures, which cause it to expand/contract with temp/humidity.

Another example is Yamaha's ARE treatment, which they've been using on their LL acoustics for quite some time, before it became trendy, and violins before that.

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

Most guitarists are dead set on very specific materials for each part of the guitar. The new fingerboard material is probably a wonderful thing to play on- but some people get really weird about new stuff. One of my guitars uses a fingerboard made up of paper layered in superglue and cut in sheets....it looks like ebony, and it is a joy to play on.
                              Martin's HPL is similar, I think. They use it on their X series for back/sides. Richlite also in the ballpark?

Anyway, yeah, often too much voodoo and hocus pocus with guitar materials . Some great makers (and amateurs) turned scraps into proverbial Excaliburs.
                              Originally posted by dominus
                              Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Working...
                              X