Guitar display cabinet....??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar display cabinet....??

Does anyone know of a company that makes a guitar display cabinet similar to the ones at the site below that i wouldn't have to sell half my guitar collection of to buy

nice stuff, INSANE prices though...

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Re: Guitar display cabinet....??

Diy?

shouldnt be THAT hard to make it

buy a larger gun rack and convert it

Comment

yeah i'm trying to avoid the DIY thing even though i could do it and have a full blown woodworking shop in my house lol. i don't mind spending some cash for it but $3k is just NUTS. i figure there must be another company out there with fair prices.

-Mike
      www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

yea.. i just saw the price tag.. i thought you ment insane prices at 1.2k-ish .. but 3.5 is .. i dont know.. he must be smoking crack.

you could also get something like a glass closet for dishes and that fancy stuff wives like to have in the living room and convert it.. but i doubt it will be able to store all of your guitars

if you buy something and DIY it, you can get through under 700 if you ask me, considering you buy a cabinet for 550 .. which is insane ot its own.. even here

Comment

I have been wanting the same types of display cabnets myself... also want one for my amps... But i am going to try DIY style oneday.... I'll use plastic instead of glass....

Comment

Unless you're worried about little ones, why not just use a wall hangar?
            Originally posted by LesStrat
            make sure that you own the gear, not vice versa.
            My Music

Comment

Originally posted by aleclee
              Unless you're worried about little ones, why not just use a wall hangar?
              I thought of that too but i want a display case that will keep some of the dust off it and also have a light inside so you can show them off.... a store i shop at houses their Gibson Custom shop axes in a nice display case....

Comment

i do have kids that come over (my brothers kids) but i have taught them to stay clear of the gear LOL. plus i hide everything in its case when they are on the way over

i mostly want it for keeping them dust free and easy to see and get to. right now i have some on an open rack and they need to be dusted now and again and the rest are in their cases i just want to simplify it and still keep them safe and clean.

-Mike
                www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

If you have to dust 'em, you're not playing them enough.
                  My Music

Comment

well it's not like i'm talking 3 guitars here, i have over 20 so they do rotate but sometimes one will sit for a while without getting used. that's also a reason i rather the display cabinet so they will all be right there out of cases easy to grab and play instead of having to dig them out of the case or dust them off first LOL.

also, i do play alot, a minimum of 1hr a day i would say. most times more than that. since i work out of my house i tend to have a guitar on my lap as i'm at the computer doing my work (yeah lots of work gets done hahaha). heck i have one on my lap right now that i was just playing.

-Mike
                    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Finally someone like me! You play guitar while on the computer! 3K for a peice of wood and glass... seems a little exspensive, I'd pay 1k at the most.
                      Originally posted by BeanDip
                      No one that I know of has tested the tonal properties of pecan, so I figured why the hell not?

^^^I don't feel so safe

My Stuff-

Hofner 1960 V3
                      Belman double cutaway Grand
                      Peavey classic 30 (with wheels)

Comment

$3500 and $850? That's ridiculous. I've been looking for years for some type of display case as well. Let me know if/when you find a place.

Comment

I have a great display area Mike/Jolly...

Just ship your guitars to me...I'll display them for you, and send you new fresh pics each and everyday..voila! prob solved

I promise, they'll look super cool!
                          I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

How hard did you look?

One google search and a couple minutes of clicking yielded these:

http://store.casesforcollectibles.com/guitdiscas.html
                            http://www.guitardisplays.com/Main_N.../products1.htm
                            http://www.displayco.com/guitarcases.htm
                            My Music

Comment

Re: How hard did you look?

Originally posted by aleclee
                              I'm *MUCH* more cost-effective
                              I'm an internet person. All we do is waste time evaluating things that have next-to-zero real world significance.

Remember, it's just a plank of wood. YOU have to find the music in it - The Telecaster Handbook

Comment

Working...
                              X