banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone tried a Wilkinson VS100CV (Convertible) trem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone tried a Wilkinson VS100CV (Convertible) trem?

Anyone tried one of these? It's like a standard vs100 but it has a mechanism that locks the trem when you let go of the bar, looks cool!

They stopped selling these for some time due to a patent issue, but you can get them now.

That looks pretty amazing.

Hadn't seen it demonstrated before. Is that what they used to have on the Eggles?

Comment

I thought these were discontinued...they started making them again?
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I thought these were discontinued...they started making them again?
        I've been looking into this recently after talking about then with another guitarist friend.

Apparently, they had to stop selling them in US due to a patent infringement. That patent has now expired.

I'm told the ban only applied to the US anyway, so here in the UK I could have bought one of these any time. Don't know if that's actually true or not.

Wilkinson have a reverb page and you can definitely buy a convversion kit for the vs100n on there. Here it is: https://reverb.com/item/35360438-wil...ion-kit-chrome

Comment

The VS100 plus conversion kit puts it out of range for a replacement bridge for me. Although, used VS100s are pretty reasonable. (I want this for my Brian May guitar. Has an older Strat-style Wilkinson right now.)

Comment

Originally posted by playas View Post
            That looks pretty amazing.

Hadn't seen it demonstrated before. Is that what they used to have on the Eggles?
            Yes, it is.

Comment

Pity the conversion kit is more expensive than the bridge itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver View Post

I've been looking into this recently after talking about then with another guitarist friend.

Apparently, they had to stop selling them in US due to a patent infringement. That patent has now expired.

I'm told the ban only applied to the US anyway, so here in the UK I could have bought one of these any time. Don't know if that's actually true or not.

Wilkinson have a reverb page and you can definitely buy a convversion kit for the vs100n on there. Here it is: https://reverb.com/item/35360438-wil...ion-kit-chrome
                Wow, that is crazy expensive for what it does.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Not sure how the currency exchange is working... it is expensive, but the total cost for this and a whole vs100 is not much different to the price of that new wilkinson/gotoh with the string locks on the saddles.

I'm building another warmoth soon and think of non-floyd tremolo. This looks appealing because of the stability.

Comment

Shut up and take my money!
                    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                    X