Up from the grave?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up from the grave?

Gibson has announced they are working with Ned Steinberger on new headless Steinberger guitar designs....
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

He’s old but alive. The one that passed recently was his dad: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Steinberger

Comment

Hm, I watched an interview with Ned about a year or so ago and he was asked about bringing back the guitars (as he's been more into electric viols/basses for years) and he vaguely said it would be interesting to revisit.

Since the import Spirit line is still current, maybe this will be a step (or two) up from that?
      Originally posted by dominus
      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

This is good news. Ned still creates some beautiful instruments.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

If this happens, I predict the Keytar and skinny ties will make a comeback too.

Comment

Has anyone ever owned any of the series of furniture Ned designed? Quite stylish, but I don't know how comfy it is.
            aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I only played a Steinberger once way back in the 80's. I loved the guitar but it was way beyond my reach back then.

Comment

I've played one of his NS basses, which is the most comfortable instrument I've played. The entire body is curved to fit against your body.

Comment

This is awesome. We shouldn't hope for too much, but this is the most promising thing that they could have done.

Comment

It makes sense in an era where you are seeing an emphasis on ergonomics, fanned frets, and headless designs like Strandberg.

Comment

And headless designs are more popular than ever. Gibson is catching up to 5 years ago.

Comment

Always loved Steinberger, but like Securb said, back then they were way out of my reach. I've also always been fascinated with the Chapman Stick.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                          And headless designs are more popular than ever. Gibson is catching up to 5 years ago.
                          Well, they are catching up, then, as they were ten years behind Fender when they rereleased the Charvels.

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                            Always loved Steinberger, but like Securb said, back then they were way out of my reach. I've also always been fascinated with the Chapman Stick.

Yeah, the NS Stick looks like a great instrument. My Steinberger isn't a graphite one, but it isn't one of the cheapo Spirit ones, either.

Comment

Graphite...
                              Sigh

Comment

Working...
                              X