X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's the 7 string

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I think Schecter makes some really cool guitars. Really dig the Damien-Omen series (minus some of the over the top inlays) and haven't played a Schecter yet that wasn't a decent player.

Comment

I've played a Schecter Hellcat baritone before that was one hell of a guitar. I'd love one of those.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I have an 08 Damien Special FR I bought new back in 08. It's a great playing, great sounding and solid built guitar. Switched out the pups from the stock HZ's (H4-H4A) with a set of GFS VEH's back around 2010. More recently I removed the neck pup, 3 way toggle and the tone pot and added a mini toggle for coil split. Someday I plan on putting a Duncan Distortion in it. Not easy to capture the figured top on this thing with my cellphone.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rPtLiKk.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	6181664

Comment

It's funny cuz Schecter used to be associated with Pete Townshend from '79 to '88. I remember guitar mags with ads featuring Townshend using Schecter.

Now they're associated with drop-X chug and the models have "spooky" names.
            Last edited by LLL; 06-27-2022, 10:50 AM.

Comment

I didn't know they made guitars... I thought they just did guitar research.... cool!
              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I had an Ibanez that looked like a Schecter. A SZ720FM in cherry red. It was a sweet player. Big neck. I prefer the early 80's Schecters myself. They made some killer superstrats back in the day.

Comment

Had an O07 Elite a few years back, and then C7FR. The former had a cool shape, but lacked in ergonomy. The latter had a neck I could not bound with, because of its shape and scale length.

As a brand, not my thing, but both guitars were well built.
                  Guitars:Gibson LP Trad ('57 Classics); Ibanez SEW761FM (TB-16/STK-S7 m&n); Charvel DK24 (TB10/SSL-6/A2Pn), DK22 (HRb/SSL-6 m&n), SoCal Style1 (Distortion set) & SoCal Style2 24 2PT (Fluence OCC); ESP LTD MH-1000HS (TB-14/Lil59n); Effects: Line 6 Helix Floor, Digitech Drop & FreqOut, ME EP-1L6,Shure GLXD16, Headrush MX5;

Comment

Originally posted by weepingminotaur View Post
                    I love Schecter guitars. I have an Omen Extreme S-2 tuned to D standard with Nazgul/Sentient pups installed. It sounds great and feels great, especially for a budget guitar. My next guitar will either be a Schecter (eyeing that Solo-II Custom) or a Charvel.
                    Yes, I’m gassing for a Solo II as well!

Comment

I'd love to get / have gotten the chance to play one of those strats that ErikH mentioned. Never did though and at this stage unlikely - especially in Europe.
                      They also sold necks, bodies and possibly other components during that same period. I bet they were nice.

Comment

I rewired a customers Synyster Gates model, with twin Invaders, once. I've always wanted one of those.

Name:	Synyster_Gates_sm.png
Views:	145
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	6181863

Comment

I have a couple, a black Solo II Custom and a prototype (love DCGL) Sun Valley Shredder Exotic with baked maple neck and swamp ash body with lacewood top. Sorry for the crappy pics.

Name:	SSVSSE_Small.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	6182143

Name:	SIIC_Small.jpg
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	6182144

Comment

They're great guitars. They're getting a bit expensive now, but they're on par with the high-end LTD's.

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post
                              I have a couple, a black Solo II Custom and a prototype (love DCGL) Sun Valley Shredder Exotic with baked maple neck and swamp ash body with lacewood top. Sorry for the crappy pics.

I just got a swamp ash chubby!
                              “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by devastone View Post

Very Nice.

I'd really like to get one of the seafoam green Sun Valley Super Shredder Strats.

Comment

Working...
                                X