banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fender Jaguar and Mustang small scale fretboard for average size hands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Jaguar and Mustang small scale fretboard for average size hands?

Are the Fender Jaguar and Mustang made for smaller hands since the fretboard scale is shorter than the Strat and Telecaster? Can average or large hands play these small scale fretboards?

There’s been a lot of players of all sizes that have played those so you can play them too. That said you may not like it for whatever reason so the best is to go to a shop and try any 24” scale guitar to see how the size feels.

Comment

The scale is the length of the strings not the width of the neck, wtf...?!

Gesendet von meinem ASUS_X00RD mit Tapatalk

Comment

Mustangs and Jags feel no different than playing from the 2nd/3rd fret upward on a Gibson guitar.

Comment

Many people find them easier to play, with less string tension and a longer hand reach.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Isn’t a 24” scale like a 25.5” capoed state the first fret?
            Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

No.

aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

They're fine if you're playing a lot of open cowboy chords, or if you mostly stay above the 12th fret with your playing. I find them very cramped up past the 12th fret though, and the strings feel really floppy unless using .12s or heavier. I have big hands though. For a child or small woman with tiny fingers and a small reach they might be good.
                Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

^ So you find every guitar cramped past the 13th fret then........

Comment

Adrian Belew did pretty good with a Mustang for years, and he has pretty big hands. You don't know until you try these things.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by AlexR View Post
                      ^ So you find every guitar cramped past the 13th fret then........
                      No, but I prefer 25.5 inch scale length for playing up high on the neck.
                      Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                      This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                      X