Asking for a friend...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

Now it looks like the the string breakover point is too close to the bridge. It looks like you went too far.
    Not at all the guitar is intonated and set up fantastically. The breakover point would be the front edge of the old nut. With the LSR the breakover point is the ball bearings which are set back. Look at the size of the piece of rosewood used to compensate it is the exact thickness of how far back the ball bearings are set. I can not stress how well this guitar sounds and plays. I would imagine you had intonation problems because you did not take this piece of the nut's design into consideration when you installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Not at all the guitar is intonated and set up fantastically. The breakover point would be the front edge of the old nut. With the LSR the breakover point is the ball bearings which are set back. Look at the size of the piece of rosewood used to compensate it is the exact thickness of how far back the ball bearings are set. I can not stress how well this guitar sounds and plays. I would imagine you had intonation problems because you did not take this piece of the nut's design into consideration when you installed it.
      No, I definitely took that into consideration when I put it on my guitar. I made that comment because what I think I'm seeing in that pic is a small sliver of rosewood behind AND in front of the roller nut.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Maybe he just stuck the bit of rosewood he trimmed off, or indeed s different piece of rosewood, between the new nut and the tuners to hide the wood underneath?

Comment

Working...
        X