George Harrison Rosewood Telecaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Harrison Rosewood Telecaster

Out of my price range, but sure is gorgeous. https://www.fender.com/en-US/electri...115400721.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	George_Harrison_Tele.png
Views:	241
Size:	126.3 KB
ID:	6189909

I always wanted to order Warmoth parts for one like it.

Or maybe the body in Walnut and/or the neck in Wenge.

Comment

They've issued a GH version at least once before. They've also released at least one Custom Shop version and a standard reissue (but that was quite a while ago, from Japan)

Comment

buddy has a rw tele. sounds great but not light on the shoulder. still sounds very tele like

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
          . . . but not light on the shoulder.
          I was wondering about that. It even looks heavy.

Comment

It says that one is chambered. Still, $3k for a Tele?

Don't think so. Warmoth FTW.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
              It says that one is chambered. Still, $3k for a Tele?
              Good catch. Didn't see that. Although, your second point makes it a moot point for me.

Comment

I played a chambered one...it was over 9lbs. An unchambered one was over 11.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I love the look of them and have toyed with doing a project one but getting that size of rosewood is not cheap. I think Warmoth offered some replica bodies for a while?

Comment

The two I played were pretty vibrationally unspectacular, though they looked amazing. I would think that there would be other woods out there that can look just as good, but resonate better. Maybe the wood was too dense? Oily?
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                      The two I played were pretty vibrationally unspectacular, though they looked amazing. I would think that there would be other woods out there that can look just as good, but resonate better. Maybe the wood was too dense? Oily?
                      Walnut is my target for that. Didn't own one yet, so I don't know how they sound.

Comment

Originally posted by treyhaislip View Post
                        I love the look of them and have toyed with doing a project one but getting that size of rosewood is not cheap. I think Warmoth offered some replica bodies for a while?
                        While I was looking at it, I was thinking . . . one could use any conventional guitar wood, and add a Rosewood cap. Like LP's have a Maple cap. Would still look good and maybe solve the weight and tone issues.

Comment

It looks gorgeous. Chambering helps with the weight issue.
                          Originally Posted by IanBallard
                          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Mine is chambered and isn't that bad, not quite Les Paul heavy. Mine came with Twisted Tele pickups in it, so it sounds fantastic. Everything I could want out of a Tele. And it smells like chocolate.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

While I was looking at it, I was thinking . . . one could use any conventional guitar wood, and add a Rosewood cap. Like LP's have a Maple cap. Would still look good and maybe solve the weight and tone issues.
                              That was my thought. Was thinking of using it as the top of a semi-hollow project.

Comment

Working...
                              X