banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you buy a switch tightener for Gibson style guitars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post

That's cool. Where did you find that at?

Edit: Nevermind. Google search for "guitar 5-in-1 cube" brought up lots of hits.
    Yeah, I've had mine for a few years. I use it for lots of stuff. It is great for pulling knobs off, too.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
      Wow.

I have found a simple pair of needle nose pliers has worked my whole life....And I believe I shall continue using them.
      Easy way to scratch your finish. Even channel locks would be better...they won't slip off as easily.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

Easy way to scratch your finish. Even channel locks would be better...they won't slip off as easily.
        I guess I'm just amazing then, because in 45 years of Les Paul styles I have never scratched the finish.

Damn people, just be careful for a second. How tight do you need those things to be??? Finger tight usually works. No tool needed.
        Originally posted by Bad City
        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
          Wow.

I have found a simple pair of needle nose pliers has worked my whole life....And I believe I shall continue using them.
          I've always used needle noses as well for stubborn ones. I always just use my fingers otherwise by holding the nut and spinning the switch from behind to tighten. Just need to start where the switch will be where you want it when finally tightened. Once finger tight it just needs a little tiny bit of a turn from behind to snug tight. Very simple since they don't need much force to get properly tightened. They have never worked their way loose either.
          Last edited by Mr. 80's; 08-23-2022, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X