Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Gibson Les Paul P90 Burstdriver Orange Flame Top

In my experience...

I've just watched Trogly's video, and it's such a weird LP and I love it.
    A Demo/Mod shop thing of beauty.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220819-185329_YouTube.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	6191576

Name:	Screenshot_20220819-185529_YouTube.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	6191574

Name:	Screenshot_20220819-185450_YouTube.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	6191575

Single P90 bridge, blacked out hardware and headstock, Burstdriver circuit, vol kill switch and tone kill switch (or strangle switch as someone in the comments pointed out, so a kill and a strangle switch ), stunning top, loads of tone options from a single P90, just a really weird mix of quirks and features that just clicks for me.

It's certainly way out of my reach for the time being, but what even would be a price approximation for something like this?
    It's not mentioned in the video, or I keep missing it like a moron. One of the two for sure.

What are your impressions on this LP?

Tone demos 16:50 - 24:24

The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

im not gonna watch the video right now but the guitar looks great. dont need or want the kill switches, but whats the burstdriver thing?

Comment

As I gather, it's a 9V battery operated overdrive integrated into the circuit. You can adjust different parameters on those blue screwholes on the backplate.

It's demonstrated in the sound part of the video, if you do watch it sometime at your leisure, you'll hear it in action. It's cool. It's a feature. Not THE feature, though.

EDIT: more like a distortion than an OD.
      The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

I like it, but I am not sure why they chose to make a single-soapbar guitar active.

Comment

I'd buy it right now if it was just a neck pickup!
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Hard pass both guitar and the trust fund kid trogly.

Comment

Certainly very interesting!
              Beautiful top on it.
              Not sure this guitar would be for me personally.

Comment

Kinda cool but not really up my alley. Without all the bells & whistles, though?
                For me, the same guitar with just two knobs & a wrap bridge would be awesome.
                "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Love it!
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Comment

Beautiful guitar. Would prefer 2 P-90s. I made a LP type guitar with small body, Gretsch orange, and built in OD. The built in OD is actually a cool feature, I didn't think I'd like it at first...I have so many stomps of different colors and flavors, it just seamed like the stomps would be more useful, but this built in OD is so convenient to use and completely adjustable from the guitar.

I like the guitar. Being a Gibson, I don't like the price, whatever it is.
                      Originally Posted by IanBallard
                      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
                      X