Best electric guitars under $300

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best electric guitars under $300

There are some decent guitars on the list, all playable. I am surprised IYV is not there. The IYV LP I had a chance to play was amazing.

Does anyone know the scoop on the Amaranth fretboard on the Jackson?

The best electric guitars under $300 prove that you don’t have to spend big to get a high-quality instrument

Nice list. I've been eyeing that Jackson, as well as its pricier big sibling (Monarkh Pro). I wish they had 24-fret models, though.

Edit: Surprised Firefly Guitars aren't on this list!

Comment

Great list. Squire Affinitys are pretty much GOAT for entry level value. Throw some Duncans in there maybe one day, maybe tuners if you think you need them one day if you are gigging like crazy

a couple of notes,

I've found the Yamaha Pacifica pickups are absolutely great for this pricepoint. -really wonderful

lastly -The Gretsch streamliners start right at $300 so they would be excluded from this list, but anyone considering the guitars on this list should also weigh/consider an extra 50 or 100 bucks for a step up into the Gretschs lowest models -as they are really in my mind the best balance quality of guitar and vesus cost you can buy -and their Broadtron pickups are just incredible.
      Last edited by NegativeEase; 08-22-2022, 10:44 AM.
      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Amaranth = purpleheart.

Mmm, the sub-300 market is highly competitive, lots of Strat and Tele style axes, and some more hard rock/metally vibed like Jackson, Kramer and Ibanez.

With single cuts, there's probably better options in the price range than the bolt-on Epi if you want to cop a LP vibe. Like this HB: alnico pups, set neck, Grovers.
        Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Yeah, in the single-cut category, you have to consider Firefly, as well as the budget offerings from LTD. And others I'm sure I'm forgetting.

I wish 24-fret single-cuts were more available at budget prices.

Comment

I've tried to capture the $300 and under criterion, but algorithms are tricky. The brand is gathering a decent following and their guitars have been at least reviewed, if not completely endorsed, by a number of bigger named musicians, Brett Kingman, Bob Spencer (The Angels, Skyhooks), and Rai Thistlethwayte (Thirsty Merc)...

Quality Guitars at Factory Direct Prices! We Stock Guitars for beginners, Classical Guitars, Acoustic Guitars, Electric Guitars, Bass Guitars + More! SHOP SAFE: Free Shipping, Free Returns, 3 Year Warranty

They do sell/have stores in the US and UK, but what guitars are available at those places is obviously limited.

Comment

Tagima TW61

Comment

I have played a few of those.

The Yamaha is unbeatable and kicks the @$$ of all the others. But you knew that.

Squire Strat is what it has always been, but better.

The Harley Benton is unbelievable at the price. One of those at a GC for $179, hard not to walk out with it. (Still jonesing hard for the Shell Pink!)

As for the Jackson 22, Pfffft - step up to a JS32. I gig with two of them - a Dinky & a V.

I will disagree with the Slash Epiphone. Those II models are just skanks.

Originally posted by Bad City
                He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                X