banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gibson sued ESP Edwards from making LP's will Fender sue PRS over the Silver Sky ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love MIJ Les Pauls; bought a number of 'em on the cheap years ago, before many US players knew how good they are.
    Got a 70s Greco LPC, an 80s Burny LPC, two 90s Standards from Orville/OBG, and an early 2000s Edwards LPC.
    Today a used Gibson LP Standard would cost more than I paid for all of them combined.
    "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
      WTH is "ESP Edwards"?

Originally posted by ICTGoober

You have the internet, so look it up instead of wasting time and space HERE.
      Hmmm....

Comment

What's interesting is the Navigators still appear to be available. Looks like Gibson failed to specify all sub-brands?

生まれながらにして銘器と呼ばれるものがある

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

What's interesting is the Navigators still appear to be available. Looks like Gibson failed to specify all sub-brands?

https://espguitars.co.jp/products/navigator/n-lp/
          At $4,300 I would just buy a GIbson. They are nice but if you had to get rid of them I doubt it has the resale value of a real Les Paul.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

At $4,300 I would just buy a GIbson. They are nice but if you had to get rid of them I doubt it has the resale value of a real Les Paul.

Man, there is no guitar worth 4300 if you plan to actually play it IMO.
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Man, there is no guitar worth 4300 if you plan to actually play it IMO.
              No, I can not think of a $4,300 guitar that would be a daily driver I would actually gig with. In comparison that sexy Edwards DC is $999. I would much rather own the Edwards DC instead of a $4,300 Japanese case queen. Truth be told if I could find somewhere I could test drive that Edwards I would probably buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by DCikes88 View Post
                You're just heavily LP Custom biased.
                We like what we like. I also like big butts and I can not lie.

Comment

No, I can not think of a $4,300 guitar that would be a daily driver I would actually gig with. In comparison that sexy Edwards DC is $999. I would much rather own the Edwards DC instead of a $4,300 Japanese case queen. Truth be told if I could find somewhere I could test drive that Edwards I would probably buy it.
                  Yeah, I'd say around 2000 is where a solid body electric tops out in usefulness for me, and 3k for a semi. and thats for features and appointments.... the tone improvements top out more at 1200-1500 IME
                  “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Agreed. I was just surprised that the lawsuit wasn't really taking copies off the market. It was just targeting specific people.

Comment

Is Edwards supposed to be a well known brand? If it's so famous how come I never heard of it? I mean, I am a seasoned pro luthier with 40 plus years on the bench fixing guitars of the biggest names in rock. I also happened to be Fender and Gibson certified.

Comment

Originally posted by Obsessive Compulsive View Post

Is Edwards supposed to be a well known brand? If it's so famous how come I never heard of it? I mean, I am a seasoned pro luthier with 40 plus years on the bench fixing guitars of the biggest names in rock. I also happened to be Fender and Gibson certified.
                        Edwards is a Japanese market only brand under ESP. Surely you’ve heard of ESP.
                        Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

The Gibson Les Paul Customs of the Norlin Era can be diamond-in-the-rough finds for players with a keen eye.

$4300 is childs plays ive jonesed for a white LPC for 40 years but for $6000 they can gtfo >
                          This is basically a $3000 LP at best unless you're hitting the Gibson crack pipe.

Comment

Edwards just doesn't give a *#%@ about US copyrights do they

Comment

Working...
                            X