Not a PRS fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a PRS fan

I know i should like them, figured tops, trems, exotic woods, fancy schmancy features but the more i see them the less i like them.
    Not a LP and not a Strat they're like the "Pat" of guitars.

I think the PRS SE models offer alot for the money but again not really into that.
    Will Paul be mad ?

im not a huge fan but i have an 1st gen prs santana se and its a great guitar. granted its got a new bone nut, a fret job, and new pups (saturday night specials at the moment), but its light, i love the neck and it plays and sounds great

Comment

Nah, I'm kind of in the same club. I've played a couple semihollow SEs that sounded great, but for the most part, I feel like I should like PRS way more than I actually do. It may be a case of courses for horses.

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post

I know i should like them, figured tops, trems, exotic woods, fancy schmancy features but the more i see them the less i like them.
        Not a LP and not a Strat they're like the "Pat" of guitars.

I think the PRS SE models offer alot for the money but again not really into that.
        Will Paul be mad ?
        Haha.

You're kicking a hornet's nest!

I too do not prefer PRS, they are quality guitar no doubt and feature rich.

However, I am too mentally scarred from Butt Rock Alt bands and Nu Metal in the 90s and 00s co-option of these guitars as their primary instruments for making terrible music.

When I see someone playing a PRS, I giggle and mentally request them to play a Creed or Nickleback tune
        “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post

Haha.

You're kicking a hornet's nest!

I too do not prefer PRS, they are quality guitar no doubt and feature rich.

However, I am too mentally scarred from Butt Rock Alt bands and Nu Metal in the 90s and 00s co-option of these guitars as their primary instruments for making terrible music.

When I see someone playing a PRS, I giggle and mentally request them to play a Creed or Nickleback tune
          I watch Finn McKenty on YouTube, on one of the episodes on early 2000’s music videos he said “be prepared for a lot of PRS and Mesa Boogie”. It’s so true, it was all CE22/Custom24 and Rectos. And before you knew it they were gone. We’re they all on artist contracts then or was it simply monkey see, monkey do?

(By the way, you can get some fantastic tones out that combo, but they all went for the same tone)
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post

I watch Finn McKenty on YouTube, on one of the episodes on early 2000’s music videos he said “be prepared for a lot of PRS and Mesa Boogie”. It’s so true, it was all CE22/Custom24 and Rectos. And before you knew it they were gone. We’re they all on artist contracts then or was it simply monkey see, monkey do?

(By the way, you can get some fantastic tones out that combo, but they all went for the same tone)
            No Doubt, the instruments and their sounds arent an issue, it was the culture that I reject
            “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
              try me, ill wing something at your head from the stage

Comment

I had one. An absolutely beautiful McCarty Soapbar in whale blue. Very pretty, with LP P90 sounds (after I got did of the super hot bridge pickup and had that one replaced with a normal Gibson P90). Anyway, I couldn’t become friends with the wide fat neck profile, and sold it for the same price I bought it for.

Comment

Nice, well-built guitars, but I would only have preference for the CE, S2, and SE lines. Anything over $2k that isn't custom is silly to me, personally. I mean, I get it - it's got real fancy wood. But making a guitar out of wood that was stripped by the hand of an ancient monk from a mahogany tree kissed by the sun at the Holy Hour in a rapidly disappearing oasis in the Sahara doesn't add anything meaningful for my preferences.

Also their butt is so big it tends to slide off my leg when I'm playing them...

Comment

I have actually never ever played one.
                    Between the ridiculous price tags (and salesmen that are proportionately inclined to let you play one) and a few other factors, to be honest I've just never really been bothered. (Not even an SE)

Comment

Not a fan of SGs myself. I like their look, but the geometry is just wrong for me.
                      And that's OK.

I love PRS. Excellent design, great trems, the neck profiles are perfect for my hands and yes, some are very pretty.
                      I'm immune to any perceived stigma about them being associated with blues lawyers and alt rock.

For me it's more about how a guitar plays and just about all PRSi play great.
                      Even the imports generally have good fretwork.

"You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I honestly have so little experience with them that I can't form an opinion. They are pretty, though.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

A lot of them look like the would be right at home in the back of a 70's Pimp's Cadillac. Just not a fan of the figured tops on them for the most part, kind of tacky.

Comment

Have never played one myself, but they sure are pretty. I wouldn't mind trying/owning one at some point.

Comment

It's not that I'm not a fan, I just love Les Paul's.

I'd prefer them to Strats, generally speaking.
                              Last edited by Aceman; 08-26-2022, 02:51 PM.
                              Originally posted by Bad City
                              He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

Working...
                              X