FRIPP interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRIPP interview

Always worth hearing from Robert Fripp...

Robert Fripp in-depth: his quest to combine Hendrix and Bartók, what made King Crimson “problematic” and why he has “no interest in gear at all” | Guitar World
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

His guitar “attitude” comes through in his Sunday Brunch videos with his wife.

Romans 3:23; 6:23; 5:8; 10:13; 10:9-10

Teknon Theou
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCo848I2...e4jKB5DNZ4Y7hs
    Complaining that there are hypocrites in church is like complaining that fat people use the gym. Where else would you have them be?

Comment

That was one of the most guitar-centric interviews I've seen. He generally won't do interviews about gear, or his recorded music, preferring to talk about his approach to music instead.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Cool to hear him discussing his gear in some detail, but especially nice to understand his influences in a little more depth.

Robert's also become much better at expressing the intangible aspects of what he does.
        He's always been articulate, but some of it used to sound almost more like cultspeak than musical philosophy.
        Over decades of sharing with groups of students he's evolved clearer descriptions for the more abstract & esoteric.

I find his interaction-based Guitar Circle idea far more appealing than the technical approach of Guitar Craft was.
        His upcoming book is sure to be insightful.

David Mead deserves thanks as well - a very good interviewer.
        "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

I ordered his upcoming book, and I am going to his speaking tour this fall. I used to love his column in Guitar Player.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I've got to check this out.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

That cat has had an interesting playing and recording career. I used to have an old videotape of him with a Guitar Craft class playing on VH-1, and of course I had some of his stuff with Eno and Andy Summers. His style was hard to pin down.
              aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Working...
              X