No announcement yet.

Yamaha Transacoustic - anyone tried it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yamaha Transacoustic - anyone tried it?

Just curious if anyone has tried one of these in person? How did it sound? Any idea how they get chorus without an amp??

Shop Yamaha TransAcoustic Guitars with built in reverb & chorus for an incredible experience practicing and performing.

Does this mean we'll have to start listing the pronouns of our acoustic guitars now?
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Most guys already call them she/her, so there's that.

Comment

In all seriousness, it's an interesting idea (who doesn't occasionally want to transform a 6 string into a 12 string) but I wasn't blown away by the sound samples or videos. I suspect that the size restrictions on the speaker they're jamming into the acoustic limits the lushness of the effect.

Like, if you do a ton of Byrds acoustic covers while busking this is a no-brainer. For most other situations I feel like there are better alternatives.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

I have. even used one at shows

It was rather glorious.

I am %100 into it
          “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
            In all seriousness, it's an interesting idea (who doesn't occasionally want to transform a 6 string into a 12 string) but I wasn't blown away by the sound samples or videos. I suspect that the size restrictions on the speaker they're jamming into the acoustic limits the lushness of the effect.

Like, if you do a ton of Byrds acoustic covers while busking this is a no-brainer. For most other situations I feel like there are better alternatives.
            No speaker. Uses a transducer to vibrate the body.

The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

They sound surprisingly good when you are playing one. Had a chance to play a couple in a local shop.
              Guitars
              Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
              Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Beer$ View Post
                No speaker. Uses a transducer to vibrate the body.
                That's cool! So it turns the whole guitar body into a speaker. Maybe I just have to hear it in person, rather than sound clips.

Comment

That's cool! So it turns the whole guitar body into a speaker. Maybe I just have to hear it in person, rather than sound clips.
                  Yes, it’s based on a technology they developed to add effects to a real piano for the last 20 years.
                  The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

You do as they are impressive. I was very surprised when I got to play one.
                    Guitars
                    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
                    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Ascension View Post

You do as they are impressive. I was very surprised when I got to play one.
                      I was pretty much in love after the first strum
                      “For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

I have one. It makes the guitar sound like a MUCH more expensive one. The reverb and chorus transform the $1,000 guitar close to sounding like a $3400 Taylor.

Turn the electronics off? It sounds like a dead $1,000 guitar- even mine with the rosewood back and sides

Comment

Working...
                        X