Whats your LIGHTEST guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats your LIGHTEST guitar?

Have 2 my Carvin AE 185 in sold black at 6 LBS flat and my Pearl Pink 91 Carvin X220C at 6.1 LBS. Most of the rest of mine are between 7 and 8 LBS. What about you guys? With AS and all the back issues that come with it as I have gotten older weight matter on a long set.
    Here are my two lightweights.
    Guitars
    Kiesel DC 135, Carvin AE 185, DC 400, DC 127 KOA, DC 127 Quilt Purple, X220C, PRS Custom 24, Washburn USA MG 122 proto , MG 102, MG 120.
    Amps PRS Archon 50 head, MT 15, Mesa Subway Rocket, DC-5, Carvin X50B Hot Rod Mod head, Zinky 25watt Blue Velvet combo.

My Precision Guitar Kits SG Jr is around 6-6.5 lbs.

Comment

a swamp ash tele thats about 6.5 lbs, it would be lighter but the korina neck is 1" all the way with a fat carve

Comment

I have a swamp ash Jazzmaster that's just over 7 lbs. My Epi Dot is pretty light too . . . about 8 lbs.
        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

My Music Man Silhouette is around 6.5 lbs.
          -
          My Rolling Stones tribute band: The Main Street Exiles

At the battle of the bands, the loser is always the audience. -Demitri Martin

Comment

I don't think I have any under 7 lbs and a few over 8 lbs

Comment

Who's going to be the first smartass to say their acoustic?

Comment

Of those I have weighed, my 2020 Fender Lead III is an even 7.0 pounds.
                I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                  Damn. An I had pichures ready to go, too.

Comment

Yamaha Silent Guitar...

Click image for larger version

Name:	November 18 001.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	81.2 KB
ID:	6196599
                    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

Originally posted by JamesPaul View Post
                      Of those I have weighed, my 2020 Fender Lead III is an even 7.0 pounds.
                      I should have added a pic since it is already uploaded and in my Media.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fetch?id=5853561&d=1612919221.jpg
Views:	348
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	6196604
                      I miss the 80's (girls) !!!

Seymour Duncans currently in use - In Les Pauls: Custom(b)/Jazz(n), Distortion(b)/Jazz(n), '59(b)/'59(n) w/A4 mag, P-Rails(b)/P-Rails(n); In a Bullet S-3: P-Rails(b)/stock/Vintage Stack Tele(n); In a Dot: Seth Lover(b)/Seth Lover(n); In a Del Mar: Mag Mic; In a Lead II: Custom Shop Fender X-1(b)

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post

Damn. An I had pichures ready to go, too.
                        Now I'm waiting on someone to say their air guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
                          I was going to say my air guitar...
                          "I have the ultimate respect for Whitesox fans. They were as miserable as the Cubs and Redsox fans ever were but always had the good decency to keep it to themselves. And when they finally won the World Series, they celebrated without annoying every other fan in the country."--Jim Caple, ESPN (Jan. 12, 2011)

Comment

SG is 6 lbs. Tele is 6.5 lbs. 7 String is 6 lbs. Can't get much lighter than that.

I prefer lightweight instruments but balance definitely starts to become an issue with lighter weight instruments. I had a PRS SE Santana for a bit that was 7 lbs but the body was disproportionately heavy so it fell off my leg constantly and I sold it. My P Bass is the opposite, 7.5 lbs with a light body so I always felt like I was having to hold the neck up while playing. High Mass bridge and lightweight tuners fixed that issue and it balances better now.
                            Originally posted by crusty philtrum
                            Anyone who *sings* at me through their teeth deserves to have a bus drive through their face
                            http://www.youtube.com/alexiansounds

Comment

It's actually my Gibson, LOL. I don't know how light it is, but it's not featherweight or anything. It's just that my Epiphone and especially my Squier are boat anchors.

Comment

Working...
                              X