Acoustic euphoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acoustic euphoria

4 years ago I bought an early 70's Art Core AC-70. I love it, it really stands out.

What's you're pinnacle?

I've heard sweeter and louder guitars but after shopping around, this is what fits me.

So, I ask you again, what is yoùr acoustic of choice? If you could only have one.
    Last edited by solspirit; 10-03-2022, 02:50 PM.

I'm playing a Taylor 716 right now, and don't see myself changing to another acoustic guitar while this one is around. Every time that I pick it up it puts a smile on my face. Very dynamic, plays great, sounds great, looks great. Works nicely with me singing. A little more balanced than a D-28, but a little less zingy/bright and acoustically louder than the smaller bodied GA Taylors I've played.

Click image for larger version

Name:	52403067865_733b017828_o.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	6199735
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

my buddy's '60 Gibson LG-2 might be the sweetest acoustic I have ever played. It just sings
      My Bands -
      https://kamikazechoir.hearnow.com/
      www.instagram.com/kamikazechoir
      www.reverbnation.com/theheartlessdevils

Just some fun guitar stuff from time to time
      GUITAR KULTURE

Comment

Tough choice between my Martin D-18 or my Taylor 714 as both give me very nice acoustic tones...but if I had to choose it would be my D-18. The Martin sound is just so rich and full and has a slight edge over the 714.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post
          I'm playing a Taylor 716 right now, and don't see myself changing to another acoustic guitar while this one is around. Every time that I pick it up it puts a smile on my face. Very dynamic, plays great, sounds great, looks great. Works nicely with me singing. A little more balanced than a D-28, but a little less zingy/bright and acoustically louder than the smaller bodied GA Taylors I've played.

Name:	52403067865_733b017828_o.jpg
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	6199735
          This is a great guitar.

Comment

I love the acoustic sound of my carbon fiber Adamas, and the plugged-in sound of my Line 6 Variax Acoustic. These days, the amplified sound is more important to me, as that is how I (and the audience) hear it.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post
              This is a great guitar.
              It really is! Everyone who has played it loves it.

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Name:	20220206_144334.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	6199753

This one: It's a Martin 00CXAE.

One of the early, American-made guitars in Martin's X-Series, this thing has a body made of HPL (which is very much like Formica) and a Stratabond neck (which is very much like a laminated rifle stock).

It was in pretty rough shape when I got it. Had to redo the top bracing, reglue the bridge and I added the trapeze tailpiece and a JLD Bridge Truss System like they use on Breedlove guitars.

It plays incredibly well and sounds exactly how I want it to plugged in. The small, thin body is super comfortable and feedback is a non-issue.

Comment

1968 Gibson SJ-200. One of the few models with the solid moustache bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Dudeman7 View Post

Name:	20220206_144334.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	47.1 KB
ID:	6199753

This one: It's a Martin 00CXAE.

One of the early, American-made guitars in Martin's X-Series, this thing has a body made of HPL (which is very much like Formica) and a Stratabond neck (which is very much like a laminated rifle stock).

It was in pretty rough shape when I got it. Had to redo the top bracing, reglue the bridge and I added the trapeze tailpiece and a JLD Bridge Truss System like they use on Breedlove guitars.

It plays incredibly well and sounds exactly how I want it to plugged in. The small, thin body is super comfortable and feedback is a non-issue.
                    What kind of pickup does it have? I was always curious about those guitars.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Mm, not much of a steel string player, but one of the nicest ones I've played is the Pierre Bensusan Lowden. As you'd expect, it excels for fingerstyle - lots of warm mid, overtones, and very sweet/full sounding plain strings. The body is maybe a little bigger than a classical.
                      Originally posted by dominus
                      Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                        Mm, not much of a steel string player, but one of the nicest ones I've played is the Pierre Bensusan Lowden.
                        I've never had the chance to play one, I'm sure it's exceptional. Pierre Bensusan has to be one of my all-time favorite acoustic/classical guitarists.
                        The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

^^ Yeah, Pierre is the man. A shop I frequented where I once lived was a Lowden dealer and they got one in stock at one point, so I had to try it.

The build quality and all that is as great as you'd expect. Unusual – but cool – for a (non jumbo) acoustic is the maple neck. The spruce top is on the thicker side but I suppose part of the overall design they were going for (maybe accompanied by lighter bracing). Just nice. Now, if it was a 12 fret model, it might be even better .
                          Originally posted by dominus
                          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Maybe an early 70s Martin D12-18. I have a Nagoya Japan made 1977 Suzuki Three's F180 12 string dreadnaught which is kinda based on the Martin. Of the acoustics I have, it just stands out. Woods are exceptional, neck feels great, it has it's wear and tear but it just sings.

Name:	20221004_113148.jpg
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	6199834
                            The biggest difference between Chet Atkins and Dimebag? Probably the beard...

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
                              1968 Gibson SJ-200. One of the few models with the solid moustache bridge.

I've always loved the look of these guitars, but couldn't gel with the maple back and sides. Played one a couple years back with rosewood back and sides that was incredible though!

Comment

Working...
                              X