No announcement yet.

The new Tim Henson Ibanez signature guitar is a nylon-string

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Cordoba sounds less piezo-y, although still not quite like a mic'd guitar.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Must be something in the air- Godin came out with an electric nylon today, too.
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

It sounds nice, but it has an electric neck nut width and radius. I do not know if I would be comfortable playing with nylon strings on an electric neck. And it has a $1400 price tag. If all were priced the same, I think I would still lean toward the Cordoba.

Comment

I'd be interested in a steel string alternative to the Acoustisonic Strats out there. I currently use a Godin Multiac Steel and a Variax Acoustic (which has a convincing electric nylon sound).
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Mm, Godin has been in the electric nylon game for quite a time with the Multiac.

In the end, it's down to the pickups used, I suppose, and timbre preferences. If it comes to pups for a nylon string, a transducer like a K&K sounds better to me (more natural) than conventional piezo.
            Last edited by Ashurbanipal; 10-19-2022, 02:45 PM.
            Originally posted by dominus
            Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

I always liked their A6

The A6 Ultra continues with the innovative concepts found in all Godin A-series guitars, such as combining amazing plugged-in acoustic sound with the feel of an electric neck, along with a chambered body design that virtually eliminates feedback in live & loud settings. These features stand true and better than ever in the A6 Ultra

Comment

Working...
              X