NGD PRS satin Vela

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD PRS satin Vela

Just got a this Vela in today and I'm very impressed. This is my first PRS guitar and I've heard they're good just haven't experienced it before. I didn't know they don't use grainfill on there satins but it's alright. It sounds as good as it plays. Perfect neck shape. I don't really have any complaints very satisfied! It's got a good modern sound in the bridge and a solid single coil sound not lacking bass or mids. I always wanted a HS setup. Trying to diversify the collection I have too many LP style guitars. Oh yeah did I mention this is now my lightest guitar at 5lb 13oz.
    It's funny how some stories became historic,
    especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
    But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

interesting pup setup, glad you dig it.

Comment

Sweet, the solid mahogany Paul Reeds have a really cool sound all their own!
      Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
      Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
      Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
      Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

How does it sound compared to your LP styles? It looks like a very cool, unique guitar. I dig the light weight, too.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          How does it sound compared to your LP styles? It looks like a very cool, unique guitar. I dig the light weight, too.
          It's throaty and each strings sound is very focused if that makes sense. More mids and bass slightly less treble than my Gibson's. The neck pickup is nice and full sounding. I need to play on the neck pickup some more. But it's a refreshing change of sound.
          But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Weird kinda Tele-like bridge saddles/barrels. I haven't seen one like that before with 3 strings per barrel.
            Last edited by GuitarDoc; 10-23-2022, 07:33 AM.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Always wanted to try a Vela. Those use the Starla bridge humbucker, right?
              Great sounding pickup. Nice definition with a hint of Gretschiness.
              "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

Did they only make that for a few years? I haven't seen anything about that model for a few years.
                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by eclecticsynergy View Post
                  Always wanted to try a Vela. Those use the Starla bridge humbucker, right?
                  Great sounding pickup. Nice definition with a hint of Gretschiness.
                  I b think it's slightly different it's a ds-01 and I believe the starla is a ds-02 but it's similar like a hot gretsch sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Did they only make that for a few years? I haven't seen anything about that model for a few years.
                    I think they're still making them they're in the S2 line so American made guitar and imported hardware and pickups. The reason I actually got this one is because they changed the neck pickup and started constructing it differently without the screws for individual magnet adjustments and that's part of that kind of pickup to me so I wanted to get one of the models with the old neck pickup and Sweetwater didn't have any in gloss they were all the new kind of pickup design and they only had 2 in satin charcoal and 1 in satin white with the old pickup design so I got it before it disappeared. I was thinking about getting a Zach Meyers SE but I realized I didn't need another LP style guitar.

Comment

Congrats! Vela is the coolest PRS, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikelamury View Post
                        Oh yeah did I mention this is now my lightest guitar at 5lb 13oz.
                        Woah, that's light!
                        Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                        This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Working...
                        X