NGD (but not for me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD (but not for me)

One of my oldest clients told me he wanted "something shreddy". I asked for more details and all I got was "wide neck with a whammy bar". I've bought a number of guitars for him over the years, so I hit CL, Squeebay, and Treeverb looking for victims. Sent him a list of 5 to choose from. He wanted an Ibanez RG470 in turquoise sparkle. It was delivered this afternoon, and I'm almost done setting it up. Should be a fun deal.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	6206541
    aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

I usually don't like white pickups but they work well on that guitar.

Comment

That's a sweet looking guitar.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow, that looks great!
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Beautiful guitar. Not the boring average finishes you see every day
          I'm sure it plays wonderfully as well. The RG necks are a joyful experience and I also think the control scheme on those HSH models is close to perfect.

Comment

Sounds great through the Twin or the Marshall. If you want spank, it's got it. You want to roar? DOWN KITTY!

Comment

Great guitar - the Ibanez RG line is hard to beat for the $$$ at all levels.
              -=The Dali
              --== Unabashed Alex Lifeson Fan

Visit My Guitar Building Blog at www.hammersandchords.com

Comment

I was looking at one of the hardtail RGs in that finish for my "something shreddy" needs. nice pickup

Comment

That would be the RG 421?

Comment

Originally posted by ICTGoober View Post
                    That would be the RG 421?

The 1 at the end of Ibanez models usually indicates "no trem".

Comment

The 1 at the end of Ibanez models usually indicates "no trem".
                      No kidding. I said it was an RG 470. HOWEVER, Chadd posted he was looking at a hardtail version and my response was "471?"....Read a little closer next time.

Comment

Cool; yeah, these days Gios and mid-level RGs have pretty good/fun colour options.

Ibz aren't offering a HSH hardtail RG in their Indo lines at the moment; there is 421M dual hb in green sparkle (pink too).

There was a 471 years ago, ash body and sharktooth inlays.
                        Originally posted by dominus
                        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

I've always liked the look of Ibanez guitars, but my fingers don't like the super skinny necks that many of them have. Only thing that would make that guitar look cooler is fret dots that matched the colour of the body. :P
                          Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
                          This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Only thing that would make that guitar look cooler is fret dots that matched the colour of the body. :P
                            Good idea!

Comment

Cool find, I hope you client is happy with it!

I'm an Ibanez fanboi, but I usually stick to basic colors (although if I came across a swirl at the right price...). I'm not a fan of the TRS trem on those older 400 series, I'm sure it's fine if set up properly but if I'm buying for myself I go for the 500+ series (MIJ) with the Edge trems. I hate that the Edge Zeroes are being used on some of the higher end models now, I've not used one, but I know they don't have a hardened plate for the saddle screws to go in so I imagine they will strip fairly easily when adjusting intonation.

Comment

Working...
                              X