What is the most versatile guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarStv View Post

That's a really cool guitar. Very slick how all the positions and combos are hum cancelling, and its' super convenient to switch from sound to sound.
    That’s what I was thinking too. I’ve been thinking of a Hot Stack guitar, this might push me over the top to do it!
    Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by beaubrummels View Post
      Though I thought the thread was originally about just stock models
      Yep, I was thinking "stock" models there are tons of Swiss Army guitars and artist guitars with a ton of versatility. I am thinking of the standard offerings of the instrument. An HSS Strat would be very versatile but I see that a variation on a theme, not the guitar Leo originally envisioned. A Steve Morse model will give you almost any tone you want but I was not thinking of specialty guitars when I first pondered the question

Comment

Not my favorite but I vote strat.
        You can play it upside down, with your face or even when your blind.
        Way more versatile than a triple bucker paul played by a painty face weirdo.

Comment

As my concept of music becomes more and more abstract, I'm starting to feel any guitar can play any genre, albeit sometimes not in the traditional way a given genre is played.

However, there are 2 supersets of electric guitar: stuff you can play on some random Strat that some kid in the late 80s tanked the resale value of by throwing a Super Distortion in the bridge, and stuff that you shouldn't be playing to begin with.
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

I’ve been defending the tele in these threads for years. I think it can do ok. My vote goes to the 335 now that I have one lol

Comment

Something in the 335 camp is the Howard Roberts Fusion. It is a little thicker front-to-back than a 335, but was designed to be able to do jazz, blues, and rock equally well. Sort of a bigger, seni hollow LP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	hr2.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	6207575
              Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

The Coffin Lid, my Ibanez RG superstrat with a three way and a set of Triple Shot rings. The only way to make it even crazier would be to put push/pulls for the volume and tone
                Then wire one for phase and one for series/parallel between both pickups.
                Hmmmmmm.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                  The Coffin Lid, my Ibanez RG superstrat with a three way and a set of Triple Shot rings. The only way to make it even crazier would be to put push/pulls for the volume and tone
                  Then wire one for phase and one for series/parallel between both pickups.
                  Hmmmmmm.

False, you can't play Bad Horsie on it.
                  You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                  Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

False, you can't play Bad Horsie on it.
                    I probably couldn't play that on anything.

Comment

I have to concur. A righteous 335 style can pretty much do it all.

I think my P-RAil loaded Dot Studio would metal up (tonally) just faint.

I find myself learning Jingle Bell Rock on my other Dot Studio, while I have also played Cold Blood by Kix on it, and at some point, Lady Gaga too.
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

IMO an HSS strat that you mod to favor your playstyle/sound
                        Originally posted by Myaccount876
                        Attenuators are for pussies. Neighbors calling the cops isn't a problem - if the cops can actually still decipher the neighbor's complaint on the phone with the Marshall in the background, you're doing it wrong and it needs to be louder.

Comment

I'd say one of these old bich's. They can sing and they can be brutal.... Lots of bells and whistles.

https://open.spotify.com/artist/7e2g...TLy6SQH5nk44wA

Comment

Strat is the obvious answer, Les Paul probably next most logical. But imagine if you will a Tele that could do it all:
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	proxy-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fdynamicmedia.zuza.com%2Fzz%2Fm%2Foriginal_%2F1%2F3%2F137b8968-2c76-423a-ac4a-b6473ab066ae%2FB823414457Z.1_20170623143552_000_G6V1TGQEJ.3_Super_Portrait.jpg&sp=1669514631Tba9db9f2a51e5425c31ade205d965876f6bb5eb9b782e18d5
Views:	113
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	6207946
                            Canada's David Wilcox is a mofo of a guitarist. His Tele has the stock bridge pickup, a Dearmond bridge pickup, a humbucker and a Tele neck pickup. 4 on/off switches, master tone, master volume. His tone live is killer.
                            "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                            X