SEMI HOLLOW TUXEDO NGD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SEMI HOLLOW TUXEDO NGD

There is nothing quite like the look of a black guitar with mother of pearl inlays on an ebony fretboard and gold hardware.... often referred to as the "Tuxedo"

Most commonly seen as a Les Paul Custom, not on a semi-hollow too often.

This 2003 Heritage Millennium DC Custom brings those two worlds together in one guitar.

The Millennium Series has a mahogany skeleton that is routed out and capped with a solid maple top and back. Its actually has more hollowness to it than an ES 335/H535 style guitar, with the body size very close to a Les Paul.

24 3/4 scale with a medium C neck carve. Only 8 lbs... and with the double cut, great access to the upper register!

I bought this one without pickups. I had a set of 1983 Gibson Shaw PAFs with gold covers patiently waiting to be installed in this beautiful guitar. I also installed a set of Kluson Revolution locking tuners that retro fit over the factory Grovers. I upgraded the caps while i was inside... the stock Heritage caps are not the greatest quality in that era, so I installed a pair of .015 Russian PIO caps.

After installing a new set of GHS 10s and doing a setup on it, i was able to achieve a nice medium/low action that plays really smooth.

The Shaws sound great! The guitar is very warm. Lightweight, awesome tone, great playability!!!!

IMG_5698 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5700 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5701 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5702 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5703 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5704 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5705 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5706 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5707 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

IMG_5708 by brent HENDERSON, on Flickr

I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

I was always curious about this model. How does it sound compared to a 335 or 339?
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Seems nice. I always thought the black ones were the 'beauties' and the white ones were the 'tuxedo' models?

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
        I was always curious about this model. How does it sound compared to a 335 or 339?
        Compared to my heritage H535, it’s a little brighter. More Les Paul ish.
        I'm just a few hundred lessons away from being a great guitar player.......

Comment

I'm usually not super into gold hardware but this is gorgeous.
          Take it to the limit
          Everybody to the limit
          Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Other than the Gibson-type binding nibs on the neck, it's a gorgeous guitar. I've always loved gold hardware on black guitars since my '69 LP Custom.

Also, it looks like the string break angle is at the back of the nut. You may need to do a re-slot on the nut to make the tuning more stable.
            Originally Posted by IanBallard
            Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
            X