Fender and a JB!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender and a JB!

I purchased a Fender Kurt Cobain Jaguar and of course it came with Dimarzio pups in it. I never could warm up to them so I’ve started with the bridge pup. I replaced the Super Distortion with a Trembucker JB! And it sounds incredible! I love the guitar. It’s very well made! I’ve been playing over 55 years and I have owned and still do own some very nice and pricey instruments! But this Jaguar with the short neck scale of 24” fits my smaller hands just right. And the JB just brought the tone out of the guitar in a huge way! I’ve replaced many a pickup in my life and everyone has been a Duncan, mostly JB’s! I love ‘em! Next I will probably put a Jazz in the neck because that’s pretty much a sure thing for compatibility with the JB. If anyone has a better idea for the neck please let me know! Take care all!

i use a whole lotta humbucker in the neck of a tele with jb bridge, but with the short scale of your guitar, id think a jazz would be a great fit

Comment

Good choice! Thanks, man!

Comment

I have a Screamin' Demon in the neck of my Explorer which gives me the sound I'm looking for. Works real good with the Custom Custom in the bridge.

Comment

I think the Jazz is the one. If you need more low end, I agree with the WLH or even the High Voltage neck.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I am so sorry you all! I have been going through some stuff and haven’t been able to post or even play much! I really appreciate the comments. Thank you all!

Comment

2 Jaguar single coils wired in series in the neck slot.
              The things that you wanted
              I bought them for you

Comment

I have a strat with a JB in the bridge, a JBjr in tje middle and a mini Sceamin' demon in the neck.

I may yank the middle and neck soon and put in an Antiquity in. Just to cheçk it out. I could rip out from some of the coil splits and phase reversal then too. I like it now but I have the pickup and Id like to try it.
                Last edited by solspirit; 05-14-2023, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X