Another sweet NGD...Ibanez SA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another sweet NGD...Ibanez SA

Awesome sounding/looking axe....plays like butter out of the box!

Specs & stuff.. (pretty straighforward, it's pretty much a simple H-S-S strat style guitarfrom Ibanez, nothing OTT)

YT demo (not mine):

And my own first go right out of the box...

Came set up amazingly well..no string buzz atll & super low action...still all new guitars do take me a day or two to get used to. This one is built to shred tho!

"Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

weird/cool finish. what do they call it? always liked those sa models. great shape and playability

Comment

Thanks, yeah...I saw/played it when I went to the store to buy my last two NGD's (Cort & RG370) and I could'nt stop thinking about it afterwards. It does have a pretty different/unusual finish. I think they call it Sunset blue burst. It's got an Okoume body (first I'd heard of it, but it sounds great/sustains well) with a maple burl top....the binding is wood/maple. Ebony fretboard.

It looks kinda weird but in a cool/classy sort of way i think..

I tuned it down a half step like I do with all my guitars and had to angle the tremolo bridge right afterwards..but that's all I've had to do....really plays and sounds sweet!

Another clip w/ the neck pup..

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

..had these lying around, the D'addario/Planet Waves auto-trim ones. I'd bought them for my Kramer but hey did'nt fit.

Tuners on this axe worked just fine but I thought locking ones can't hurt...so..

It was a perfect fit too...drop-in replacement

Youtube

Comment

New strings and tuners = Shredtime before bedtime!

Of my three new axes this one is the fastest/shreddiest. Or maybe I'm just more partial to S's...

Youtube

Comment

This might just be up there with my old S540 a far as mad shred mojo goes...it's an insanely shreddalicious guitar

Don't get me wrong, the other two are no slouches either but this just has that extra magic to it..

Tonewise it sits in the middle of my three new axes. The RG being ash is bright-ish. The Cort (alder) is on the warmer side. This one feels/sounds just perfect. Neither dark , nor bright. It's got enough warmth to make it sing and it's got the bite to make it sting

The neck is a shredder's dream ..can't believe how notes just fly off this thing..such an absolutely effortless player!

Can't put it down

Youtube

Comment

And with old faithful...aka .."The gold standard of shred"

Strings are ancient/cruddy as hell ..real tetanus hazards lol. and the fingerboard's got some mildew or something all over it.

It's time to to show it some love..

Youtube

Comment

The quantum bridge pup sounds ****ing fantastic in this axe..it's a match made in heaven. The way it actually feels when I'm playing..the resonance & the way it sustains with all those cool overtones..just awesom

Another clip w/ the Laney...

Really wanted to swap out the pup's this time ..but there's no way I'm messing with this mojo. I've got a drawer full of new SD's and Dimarzio's and nowhere to put them

Youtube

Comment

The bridge has such a sweet fat chewy toan

Youtube

Comment

,,,,& some more fat chewy tone

Youtube

Comment

Neoclassical ballad (V2) w/ this axe and my Mooer GE 300's Laboga The Beast 30 Plus "Tone Capture" profile.

Probably should have used the neck pup instead...but eh, what's done is done

Youtube

Comment

Working...
                      X