Neat Project In The Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Project In The Wings

I've got a bunch of random hardware laying around so I decided to get to buy a guitar just to get rid of it. What I found was a black Squier Bullet Mustang. It had a lil bit of fret sprout and a cracked guard so the shop gave it to me for a little over $100. I've never worked with fret sprout but a friend of mine is going to try and teach me. He says it's not too hard to fix.

I had to order a new pickguard for it to fit the Lace Sensors I'm going to put in it. Unfortunately the only thing I got that fit my specs for less than $70 only came in mint green, but I'm alright with that. I'm going to be converting the controls to simply a master volume and a 3-way toggle.

Also I'll be replacing the hard tail strat style bridge with a jazzmaster bridge and bigsby tailpiece I have laying around.

I'll send pics and updates as it happens.
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Sounds like an interesting project.
    Pics and clips will be good.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah, I can't quite visualize this, so I'd love to see pics!!
      Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Here's a quick little mockup I did.

Any ideas how to hid the holes from the current bridge if I don't decide to paint it?
        You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright

Comment

Wow, that will certainly be unique! Maybe a custom pickguard to cover those holes?
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

That's definitely an option. Maybe one that extends a little bit lower.

Also I'm now thinking I may replace the knobs with black strat knobs so I can do some shenanigans with an S1 switch

Comment

That is bizarre. I love it.

Comment

Anyone know who on Etsy or something could get me a vinyl logo made? It would just be my last name in a font I came up with.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
                  Anyone know who on Etsy or something could get me a vinyl logo made? It would just be my last name in a font I came up with.
                  I would hit your local sign shop. They have plotters/cutters that can bang out whatever you want. Most online sticker companies want a minimum of 25 - 100 pieces.

Comment

Working...
                  X