Freeway 6-way toggle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeway 6-way toggle?

Anyone try these? I'm thinking about experimenting with using one to do a standard les paul toggle switch on the left side, but on the right side the pickups are split.

Any thoughts?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

i know people who have them on their guitars and they like em. not sure how rugged they are but time will tell

Comment

I had one on a flying V with 3 pickups. It was pretty rad cause it gave me a ton of different combinations. It was a bit of a bee sting to wire up. The pads are pretty tiny and when it was done the whole assembly felt a bit fragile. It was also a bit tough to figure out which position it was in because there were just so many ways that the switch could move.

None of that mattered to me cause I rock out at home to an audience of one cat and can take all the time in the world to fiddle with a switch. Might matter if you're playing live tho.

Anywho, mine never broke and it's pretty fun to try out at the very least.

Comment

I always thought that they would be perfect for a three hum LP.

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have never tried one for two reasons...
          WAY too expensive,
          There are better/more user friendly options for switching on the fly, especially when you're gigging.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I just think I don't want that many options at a live show.
            Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I’ve got one here waiting to go into my Warmoth project. I think it’ll be easier than standard push pulls when it’s done. This will be installed with Fluence Classics, the switch will be in a PRS type positions and the 6 positions will be:

Down: Full Neck / Full N&B / Full Bridge
              Up: Split Neck / Split N&B / Split Bridge

The forward/middle/back will really straightforward and similar to “stock”, and the up vs down will just be full and split. (The alternate voice 2 selection will be “set and forget” by push-pulls)

Some day I’ll get this guitar built!
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Just do it.
                Originally Posted by IanBallard
                Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post
                  Just do it.
                  The best is the enemy of the good.”
                  -Volatire

Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.
                  -Confucius

I wanted to document it for a video series and lessons learned but being Warmoth finished parts it’s probably honestly maybe a 4-5 hour build for me including soldering the Fluence and initial setup of the Sophia.
                  Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

I put the order in for one, but now I'm thinking it will go to a different project. The Lace Sensors I put in just sounded too similar in "split" mode. I'll probably save it for something where the split side of the switch is more distinct
                    ​​​
                    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
                    X