Fender gets sexy right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender gets sexy right

I love these guitars. One would make an interesting addition to any guitar harum.

Fender has taken the wraps off its latest limited-edition lineup of electric guitars and bass guitars – a trio of models that flaunt vintage aesthetics and ‘60s-era Gold Foil pickups.

Specifically, the drop comprises a Telecaster, Jazzmaster and Jazz Bass, with each example arriving in a choice of two colorways. For the Telecaster, Candy Apple Burst and White Blonde is on tap, while the Jazzmaster is available in Candy Apple Burst and Shoreline Gold.

The series’ sole four-string, meanwhile, flashes either a classic Two-Color Sunburst or Sonic Blue finish.

Looks pretty sweet!

Not sure about the pickup switching though - I was never able to warm up to sliders. But Bigsby is cool, gold foils are cool, block inlays are cool, and the JM is the best guitar body ever designed.
    Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
    This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Been wanting a JM for many years. Now, that Shoreline Gold with goldfoil pups and Bigsby and block inlays is itching me too hard to ignore. Oh man, hold me down.
      Originally Posted by IanBallard
      Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

"Sexy" is right!
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Love that Jazzmaster!
          Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by PFDarkside View Post
            Love that Jazzmaster!
            Makes me want to start an Elvis Costello Tribute band.

Comment

Originally posted by Securb View Post

Makes me want to start an Elvis Costello Tribute band.
              Or a garage rock surf band!
              Oh no.....

Oh Yeah!

Comment

very cool looking series, go fender!

Comment

Blech! None do anything for me this time.
                  Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                    Blech! None do anything for me this time.
                    What about now?

Comment

What about now?

lol

This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

Well, that doesn't help my aversion to gold, and weird sounding pickups.
                        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I love these guitars. One would make an interesting addition to any guitar harum.

Yeah, gorgeous.

Also the TL Jazz gives me a chubby

“For me, when everything goes wrong – that’s when adventure starts.” Yvonne Chouinard

Comment

Ugh on the tortoise though. Worst material ever for a pickguard.

Comment

the look or something else? i like the look in some cases

Comment

Working...
                              X