Kramer wiring help needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kramer wiring help needed

I am currently rebuilding a pacer custom 1 from some NOS parts I found. The guitar has holes for 4 mini toggle switches and and 1 pot. I have a NOS dimarzio going in the bridge, and two basic two wire single coils going in the neck and middle. I also plan on trying to include a coil tap and kill switch. I drew up a diagram based on some schematics I saw online but I’m not sure if it will work and just wanted to get some opinions and corrections. This is my first time wiring up anything more than an output jack. Thanks in advance.

Interesting scheme. Looks like it would work to me.

Comment

It's ok except for one little mistake on the kill switch. You always want a kill switch to short out the output jack. You don't want to "float" the hot output. If you look at the schematic for any guitar amp, the input jack self-shorts when nothing is plugged in. This prevents the amp from picking up RF and other noise. You need to duplicate that condition when you move the "dead" condition to the guitar itself.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_108617.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	6217337

Comment

I think either wiring scheme will work. DT15's diagram shorts the hot lead to ground at the pot, Artie's diagram shorts the hot to the ground at the jack.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Working...
        X