Nail Polish Remover on Squier Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nail Polish Remover on Squier Logo

Nail polish remover is a good trick according to the internet to remove the logo on a Squier headstock.

Have any of you done this to know if it's precise enough to remove only part of the logo? I'm trying to remove the "Squier" but keep the "By Fender". Do you guys forsee any possible issues with the ink smudging over the text I want to keep or any similar issues?
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Acetone will remove anything just about.

Comment

Provided the decal is on top of the finish...

Don't keep the acetone on the finish for very long - it WILL soften anything underneath. For such things, I use light pressure on a cotton swab, and let the air get to the workpiece regularly. Go slow, use care, and change swabs often. Believe it or not, you can scratch the finish with the cotton swab, so go easy. I warned ya.
      Last edited by ICTGoober; 01-31-2023, 06:43 PM.
      aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

just leave it. or buy another guitar

Comment

But practicing logo removal was one of the reasons I bought the guitar
          You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
          Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
          X