• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmm

Hm

Keep the Zaletelj Catalina because it fills in gaps in my collection
    ​​​​​​Play the Barlow Falcon because it's gorgeous
    Reluctantly chip the Xylem Leviathan, even though it looks like the closest of these to what I'd actually gel with as a daily driver
    Take it to the limit
    Everybody to the limit
    Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

• Play the Leviathan - looks like something I could use and would be comfortable, but I don't really need it
      Chip the Falcon - nice idea, not for me
      Keep the Catalina - like the versatility, plus hollow plus acoustic pickup.

Comment

• Keeping the Falcon, as it has 22 frets, and the neck pickup would sound the best.
        Play the Catalina, and chip the last one that looks like a disease under a microscope.
        Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

• Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Keeping the Falcon, as it has 22 frets, and the neck pickup would sound the best.
          Play the Catalina, and chip the last one that looks like a disease under a microscope.
          Same.

Comment

• Keep Leviathan - looks closest to something I could use
            Chip the Falcon - Beautiful guitar but if I didn't gel with the pickups I would imaging replacement options would be very limited.
            Play the Catalina - Too many toys in that guitar to pass up, piezo/midi ​

Comment

• Leviathan does nothing for me, so chip that.

The other two guitars though, are both awesome. The Falcon looks incredible with the mix of woods and the custom pickups. The Catalina is semi-hollow with great upper fret access and extra frets. I can't make up my mind. Keep one, steal the other while pretending to just play it.
              Join me in the fight against muscular atrophy!

Originally posted by Douglas Adams
              This planet has - or rather had - a problem, which was this: most of the people living on it were unhappy for pretty much of the time. Many solutions were suggested for this problem, but most of these were largely concerned with the movements of small green pieces of paper, which is odd because on the whole it wasn't the small green pieces of paper that were unhappy.

Comment

• The Catalina also has pretty impressive electronics.

For the percussion playing, there are five contact piezo pickups under the top plate and the back. In addition to the standard magnetic pickups, there is an acoustic and midi system on board, so the sound options are virtually limitless.​

Comment

• play the falcon
                  chip the catalina
                  keep the beast from below

none of em really flip my skirt but there we go

Comment

• Keep the Leviatan: It looks awful, but there is nothing wrong with the configuration. I appreciate that it has a hardtail rather than a wonky bridge.
                    Play the Falcon II: The pickups seem like they might add sounds that I don't already to my collection.
                    Chip the Catalina: That bridge is a no-no for any guitar claiming to be advanced. It also resembles instruments that I have available too much.

Comment

• Keep the Falcon - I'd actually play that
                      Play the Catalina - interesting to goof with
                      Chip the Leviathan - Someone spilled something on the top
                      Originally posted by Bad City
                      He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

• I would play the Falcon as it's the only one with standard humbuckers and chip the other two. Sorry.

Comment

• Negrini Brea

Arda Martyr II Hydra

Suhr Pete Thorn Signature

Comment

• I might keep all three. I like the form of the Brea and the bridge, I like reverse headstocks for how the strings feel, and the Suhr is a swiss army knife for playing.

Comment

• Had a look at the Negrini website... wooo. That ten string headless thing.

These guitars as seen in the photos:

Play the Arda - specs and layout are beautiful, inlay is too Ren Faire bumper sticker to bond with (and I love a good Ren Faire)
                              Keep the Negrini, if there's a tremolo I could get along with it would be that one
                              Chip the Suhr - aesthetically my favorite of the bunch but that knob placement is for the birds

​​​​​​
                              Take it to the limit
                              Everybody to the limit
                              Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

• I'd keep the Suhr and not have a use for any other guitar.
                                Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Working...
                                X