Hamer Sunburst USA 1980

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wolfshead View Post

Ha, I've seen that one. I Googled a lot on these guitars and I remember reading about you getting this. It looks amazing, I wish mine was bound and crowned but I guess playability is the main thing and if yours didn't stay in tune it wasn't worth holding onto. I must admit I think the neck on mine is quite chunky but it's probably just the shape as it does feel slim after playing one of my Les Pauls.
    Yea WS, probably if mine had a thickish neck, I might have kept it .

I think it wouldn’t stay in tune because of the very skinny neck and tuners.

The thing is the Hamer for member offered me such good money and offered to fly in to pick it up, it was a no brained.

Comment

I can't help but crack up everytime my peripheral vision catches Ian Anderson because that lamp makes it look like he's wearing a skirt.

Comment

Excellent purchase! Those bridges are my favorite sounding for an all mahogany guitar. 2nd would be the Saddlelock from G&L.

Comment

Originally posted by JOLLY View Post
          I can't help but crack up everytime my peripheral vision catches Ian Anderson because that lamp makes it look like he's wearing a skirt.
          Laugh it up!

Click image for larger version

Name:	344388652_2117871165077229_2889312030708163712_n.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	6235364
          My website - https://stevenamckay.com/

My gear - Gibson- Les Pauls - 2 x Classic (sunburst and ebony), Slash Standard, DC Special Tribute, SG Standard, Explorer, Flying V. 1980 Hamer Sunburst.
          MIM Fender Strat. MIK Squier Tele. Jackson JDR94, Kelly, Concert Bass. Fender acoustic. Mandolin.
          Spark Mini, Marshall DSL20HR, 1912.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtieToo View Post
            Gorgeous guitar. Not crazy about the position of the 3-way, but I could live with it for everything else.
            You get used to the switch being there - it has a longer tip than Gibsons so it makes it a little easier to use with your pinky. That said, the 43 year old switch needed a good clean and it's not "clicky" enough to hit the middle position easily. I never use that position anyway!

My gear - Gibson- Les Pauls - 2 x Classic (sunburst and ebony), Slash Standard, DC Special Tribute, SG Standard, Explorer, Flying V. 1980 Hamer Sunburst.
            MIM Fender Strat. MIK Squier Tele. Jackson JDR94, Kelly, Concert Bass. Fender acoustic. Mandolin.

Comment

Originally posted by thrill74 View Post
              Excellent purchase! Those bridges are my favorite sounding for an all mahogany guitar. 2nd would be the Saddlelock from G&L.
              It's called a Sustain Block bridge which sounds like BS marketing until you play it. It really does sustain for days!

Comment

Working...
              X