No announcement yet.

Post your best guitar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't do just one .from the 40 or so I have so..

I judge them by how nippy they play and by tone...

And these are all total ripper's w/ sweet tone!

All-time faves:

MIJ '94 Ibanez S540

MIJ Jackson Dk2 (unfortunately out of action/needs repair atm) :

MIJ Charvel Traditional Pro:

Best Value:

Indo Kramer Baretta Special

Fave new/recently acquired axe:

Indo Ibanez SA460MBW

Special mentions:

Indo Cort WX something w/ killer graphic & cheap/awesome Oripure A2 pup's

Also my MiC Grote Semi-Hollow, My MiC AXL 1216 & my MIJ Ibanez RG 652 Prestige
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

How it started...
      Click image for larger version

Name:	00Original.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	6235169

How it finished...

Name:	iFinished.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	6235170

I have to really be in the mood to play this because it's GIANT, but I know just looking at this it's the best guitar I own.

Tonerider Octane AlNico 8 pickup with a bypass/kill switch depending on volume position.

Comment

I tried to respond to his post, but I can't define my "best" guitar. If I was asked what is my best guitar for shredding, blues, jazz or versatility, it would be easier. I would say my go-to workhorse that I can use for everything would be my HH Fralin loaded Strat.

Comment

1988 EBMM Silhouette

Comment

Originally posted by justFred View Post
            1988 EBMM Silhouette
            My Silo Special is my favorite, too. Wonderful instruments.

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

My current favorite is my Gibson faded 50's standard at the moment but that might change once I get my greeny. I'm on the waiting list the next shipment won't be in to Sweetwater until mid fall.... Basically it's the same guitar as my 50's faded but with a AAA top better tuners and different pickups.
              It's funny how some stories became historic,
              especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
              But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

This is mine. It has my 'Do It All' switching, with a CC in the bridge, and A2P in the neck. The frets are scalloped, too.

Name:	IMG-0457.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	6235198

Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

Usually Alnico 2 vs 3 magnets don't make too much of a difference to me, but given there's not too much height adjustment you can do, this made a major difference on the neck. The neck pickup is great as is, but trimming off a little bit of bass takes it over the edge. I think the made in USA versions of the Wolfgang do this from the factory.
                  The signature USA model is the one with A3 neck and A2 bridge. The "standard" USA model has A2/A2 as the overseas models. I found the pickups very balanced and I have no need, really, to adjust the height. To be really honest maybe the neck pickup is a bit dark for my taste, especially when I turn down the tone even with factory treble bleed on tone pot, but I can cope with it. Those guitars are really nice with an high quality/price ratio, especially the Indonesian standard. The Mexican special is just a bit overpriced, but at the end the Evh mark has its weight.

Comment

Definitely good pickups. I bought it as something to throw some really nice Lace Sensor pickups I acquired in, but the stock pickups were too nice.
                    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Name:	20230526_215503.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	6235245

As of last weekend, this 2014 Gibson Les Paul Classic 7-string

JB/'59, VVT, push-pull coil splits, the toggle is for a 15dB onboard boost

My Explorer has been my personal gold standard for tone and feel since I got it, and I've never owned one that matched it until now. This one is actually better. It feels perfect, sounds great, and needs nothing. Search is over. I'm super lucky and super stoked.

Been a little while, I've been on an internet detox, hope y'all are well.
                      Take it to the limit
                      Everybody to the limit
                      Come on Fhqwhgads

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeEase View Post
                        the best feeling neck Ive ever played.
                        QFT - and that right there is probably what it is really all about
                        Originally posted by Bad City
                        He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I'd be hard-pressed to say one was my best. I could list my favorite Les Paul, my favorite Strat, my favorite Tele, my favorite bass.
                          Wouldn't even be easy to list a favorite PRS out of the ones I have.

I do have a couple of irreplaceable guitars I'd try to grab on the way out the door if the house were on fire.
                          But one "best" guitar? Best for what? I'd have trouble simply picking a single favorite overall.

If I owned just a few, perhaps one would stand above the rest in terms of feel, neck, playability, tone and versatility.
                          As it is, I've accumulated a fleet over the course of five decades. It wouldn't be easy even to focus down to half a dozen.

There are, however, a small handful I'd never willingly part with, short of dire emergency.
                          But they aren't necessarily guitars that anyone else would consider the best out of what I have.
                          "You should know better by now than to introduce science into a discussion of voodoo."

Comment

That's like asking me what my favorite crayon is.
                            Here's a few Click image for larger version

Name:	AJFCJaXbYkIYh0jMBQGzGXhxijeYl3Tmx1hWBtuWexVMaQ5KbwhMwipDqg-mgtJmgPgbqdE2g6jRAWxeIBMvyRapEmX1AUeKM1isFzjWYgwpAwcDEKwOGfX0LRSVRQZDjpRmVjT5P9XYHAbHyCCp6R6UCHAfN-u_3frmJsxx6B2lBG1EJdcD9cFcit331HbKt_R88ZF639n06twQR_zLiTNn8UxnUN_tXSOENbg86HVaqgsf0XuVtgqksKxXYeU
Views:	125
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	6235287

Comment

Originally posted by Demanic View Post
                              That's like asking me what my favorite crayon is.
                              It's red. Everybody's favourite crayon is red.

Comment

Name:	R9.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	60.4 KB
ID:	6235300
                                My R9 is my best sounding and most enjoyable guitar to play. I grin every time I play it.
                                "It is easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled" - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X