banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone else have a few loaded Strat pick guards on the shelf?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone else have a few loaded Strat pick guards on the shelf?

I've got three, one loaded with the originals, one loaded with a JB and and a jazz and another one with a JBjr, a hot rails, & a lil Screamin Demon

Just the one with the duncan designed singles that came out of my Strat with the Fishmans.
    “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

Just one - a single-ply white guard with a lone white TB-6.
      Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

My loaded guards are all in guitars right now. ;-)

Comment

I had intended to do that with my Music Man, using Molex connectors for super easy swaps. I just kinda stuck with one of the pickguards that I really liked and ended up selling the others.
          Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

oh i do. one with a strabro90 neck, antiquity ii surfer middle, antiquity ii firebird pup bridge. another with seth neck, antiquity texas hot bridge in the middle, and custom custom bridge. another with lil 59 neck and custom bridge. another with a full red devil set. another with a cool rails set. im sure there is at least one more im forgetting

edit: yep ssl6 neck, lil 59 bridge in the middle, patb3 and one with a set of a2 single coils i wound. 8k turns neck, 9k turns middle, 10k turns bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy View Post
              oh i do. one with a strabro90 neck, antiquity ii surfer middle, antiquity ii firebird pup bridge. another with seth neck, antiquity texas hot bridge in the middle, and custom custom bridge. another with lil 59 neck and custom bridge. another with a full red devil set. another with a cool rails set. im sure there is at least one more im forgetting

edit: yep ssl6 neck, lil 59 bridge in the middle, patb3 and one with a set of a2 single coils i wound. 8k turns neck, 9k turns middle, 10k turns bridge.
              So, instead of swapping guitars, you swap pickguards during the gig?

Comment

doesnt everyone?!?

nah, i just have cool stuff wired up but (somehow) not enough strats. like the red devil set is wired up with a push/push tone control to split the neck and middle pups and an on/on/on switch for the bridge to get series/split/parallel. i dont wanna have to redo that, so i kept it wired up and got a new guard to try whatever the next thing i wanted to try was.

Comment

W/B/W loaded with Lace Sensors - H/S/S.
                  aka Chris Pile, formerly of Six String Fever

Comment

I've a HS with a reverse angled neck single for my Hohner as an alternative to the HSS...but I probably won't bother much with it to be honest.
                    ...unless I maybe route it for HSS and use it in another build.

The plan was a lower output HSS set and an easy swap to a heavier sounding HS...but the HS set-up wasn't doing it for me.

Comment

I don't, but I have a Tele pickguard that I loaded a Quarter Pound Neck in, then realized until I took the other one out that my Esquire is not routed for a neck pickup. I would've thought they'd just slap a no-hole pickguard on a regular Tele body to save some money. Looks like they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                        I don't, but I have a Tele pickguard that I loaded a Quarter Pound Neck in, then realized until I took the other one out that my Esquire is not routed for a neck pickup. I would've thought they'd just slap a no-hole pickguard on a regular Tele body to save some money. Looks like they don't.
                        Nope, they never did it's got to be routed and it's easy to put a swimming pool in

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

Nope, they never did it's got to be routed and it's easy to put a swimming pool in
                          I honestly should. Good way to shed some weight off my heaviest guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
                            I honestly should. Good way to shed some weight off my heaviest guitar.
                            FYI, I just swimming pool'd two MIM Strats and an MIA Tele. All three lost 3oz.
                            “I can play the hell out of a riff. The rest of it’s all bulls**t anyway,” Gary Holt

Comment

one original
                              one with JB/Jazz
                              one with some Ibanez INF humbuckers I was experimenting with
                              EHD
                              Just here surfing Guitar Pron
                              RG2EX1 w/ SD hot-rodded pickups / RG4EXFM1 w/ Carvin S22j/b + FVN middle
                              SR500 / Martin 000CE-1/Epiphone Hummingbird
                              Epiphone Florentine with OEM Probuckers
                              Ehdwuld branded Blue semi hollow custom with JB/Jazz
                              Reptile Green Gibson Custom Studio / Aqua Dean Shire semi hollow with piezo
                              Carvin Belair / Laney GC80A Acoustic Amp (a gift from Guitar Player Mag)
                              GNX3000 (yea I'm a modeler)

Comment

Working...
                              X