Sweetwater 3 or 6 month payment plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sweetwater 3 or 6 month payment plan?

What's the deal with sweetwaters split payment plan? Does it just auto debit your account each month or do they bill you? I've been wanting a MIA Jazzmaster for a while now, and can definitely afford one, I'm just not too big on spending large sums at once. I'd rather split it over time, but if they are just gonna evaporate money out of my account I may just spend all at once.
    "If you can't fly then run, if you can't run then walk, if you can't walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward."

MLK Jr.

Pretty sure they just charge your card monthly. I have a Sweetwater card, lots of 0% options.

Comment

They charge whatever card you put on file every month and you can change the card at any time. There is a $15 financing charge. I used this to split the payments up on my Mark V.
      It's funny how some stories became historic,
      especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
      But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

Originally posted by BlackhawkRise View Post
        What's the deal with sweetwaters split payment plan? Does it just auto debit your account each month or do they bill you? I've been wanting a MIA Jazzmaster for a while now, and can definitely afford one, I'm just not too big on spending large sums at once. I'd rather split it over time, but if they are just gonna evaporate money out of my account I may just spend all at once.
        Imo it's always better to blow it out at once. Sometimes payment plans can screw you up. There's nothing guaranteeing that you'll have that money available. You never know what's going to happen tomorrow.

Comment

I also don't like payment plans. It seems like they always screw something up and it's a nightmare for you to try and fix it. Also, as solspirit said, you can't predict the future and if there isn't enough in your account to cover the auto withdrawal each month you'll have even bigger nightmares. Plus there are extra charges for payment plans.

I just personally prefer to pay the full amount up front for everything I buy.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

I use their Sweetwater card through Synchrony Bank, and as Mike stated, you just pay however much you want each month as long as you make the minimum payment. I always get the six months, or whatever the longest plan you can get is, and I usually pay it off in three months.

Comment

Originally posted by solspirit View Post

Imo it's always better to blow it out at once. Sometimes payment plans can screw you up. There's nothing guaranteeing that you'll have that money available. You never know what's going to happen tomorrow.
              I agree with everything you said and would only advise someone to use a payment plan if they know they will have the money FOR SURE!
              It's funny how some stories became historic,
              especially when the authors clearly wrote them to be metaphoric,
              But people will believe anything when it's written in stone or ancient scroll...-Fat Mike

Comment

And the easiest way to know you have the money for sure is to buy it all at once.

Plus a little time to think about the purchase is usually a good thing.
                You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
                Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

Working...
                X