PRS SE locking tuners.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRS SE locking tuners.

Just snagged a set of PRS SE locking tuners.
    I play with medium gauge strings so im sure they will work great.

They are essentially the exact same design as the "Phase II" locking tuners correct? My SE is the Floyd so I really don't need them but I still want some for easier string changes!
    P.S. I haven't seen a Morley George Lynch wah in a long time, I used to have one and those are killer wah pedals!
    Jackson Dominion Bourbon Burst-Duncan '59 bridge, Screamin' Demon neck
    Jackson Dominion Wine Drunk-Super Distortion bridge, Custom Custom neck (don't hit me!)
    Dean Chicago Flame V Classic Black-Dimarzio Super Distortion neck & bridge
    Laney, Peavey, Marshall...

Comment

Originally posted by soulforger View Post
      They are essentially the exact same design as the "Phase II" locking tuners correct? My SE is the Floyd so I really don't need them but I still want some for easier string changes!
      P.S. I haven't seen a Morley George Lynch wah in a long time, I used to have one and those are killer wah pedals!

Oh definetely about the GL Dragon wah.
      Mine is 1st Gen, first batch had Lynch's autograph sadly mine has faded away.
      Built like a tank ive never had a problem in like 16 years.
      It has the boost and WOW feature as well as the Wah.
      Ive had about every wah there is and this one is THEE one.

Comment

Those are just mods on the stock tuners that come with PRS SE's, right? Does John Mann do that mod?

The stock tuners on the PRS SE's I've had have been super inconsistent in my experience. Some of the sets I've had have been perfectly fine. Some have been attrociously bad. Luck of the draw with these.

I'm sure if John Mann is doing the mods, they'd be great, though.

Comment

I installed a set of Grover 406C locking tuners on my PRS SE Custom 24 and they were far superior to the stock tuners. Another added benefit is that they're a direct drop-in replacement. They do have smaller buttons then the originals but I believe you're able to switch the buttons if the Grover's are too small. I never tried switching out the buttons to see if it was true. I like the smaller buttons on the Grover's.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex_Rocker View Post
            Those are just mods on the stock tuners that come with PRS SE's, right? Does John Mann do that mod?

The stock tuners on the PRS SE's I've had have been super inconsistent in my experience. Some of the sets I've had have been perfectly fine. Some have been attrociously bad. Luck of the draw with these.

I'm sure if John Mann is doing the mods, they'd be great, though.

I had a newer Tremonti SE that the trem & tuners worked great but this Santana SE which is 24 fret and a different scale the G string goes out of whack fairly easy and a couple other random strings here and there no matter how i string it or what i do to the nut.
            I regret selling the Tremonti.
            You know ive always been a LP guy but if i scored $5K for a LP id prolly by a 10 top Tremonti and call it a wrap.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JMP/HBE View Post
                I'd love a Tremonti as well. Cool neck profile and nice aggro pickups. I'd prefer it with a hardtail, though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bdo8prgmno8wzsbcupsk.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	6242729

Oof.

Comment

No curly maple here but my 58' Jr. can hang with the big boys.
                  Hardtail mahogany guitars are to be reckoned with.

Comment

They make a huge difference.
                    Much easier to turn the key w/o all that tension.
                    They said the brass posts would increase sustain i was skeptical but it seems to be the case.
                    IMO all PRS should come with locking tuners stock but that would hurt their upgrade parts sales.

Comment

I'd prefer it if PRS SE's had solid finishes and no fancy tops, and instead were a bit better spec'd hardware-wise. I bet those tuners make all the difference in the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X