banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any recommended companies for guitar kits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

If you are a StewMax member (costs $40 per year) shipping is free on all orders. There are other perks as well.
    And if you're not a body blank cost $29 to ship.

Comment

I ordered a kit from PrecisionGuitarKits.com outta Canada. I’ve not started it yet but I’m impressed with shaping n accuracy. Most of their kits are glue-in style but they have more n more bolt-on styles. These are for the more advanced builder. There is not much handholding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 80's_Thrash_Metal View Post
        I have been looking at this site lately but haven't ordered anything.

https://www.guitarkit.shop/collections/hot
        I wonder if those are real zebrawood. They don't look like any that I've used or even seen. Could be some kind of manufactured wood with a "zebra" pattern. In any case, it's the ugliest "zebrawood" I've ever seen.
        Originally Posted by IanBallard
        Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

OK, I just looked closer at the neck for the Strat. Following the grain pattern it appears to be a one piece neck (not a separate fingerboard glued on). But it's got a truss rod and no skunk stripe. If it's real wood, one piece neck, no skunk stripe, how'd they get the truss rod in there?

Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarDoc View Post

I wonder if those are real zebrawood. They don't look like any that I've used or even seen. Could be some kind of manufactured wood with a "zebra" pattern. In any case, it's the ugliest "zebrawood" I've ever seen.
            What's weird to me is the complete absence of any grain variation on the walls of the routs for controls or pickup. The walls of the rout almost look like plywood. On the face, the darker "grain" has darker streaks through it that remind me of overlapping passes of a marker. It's really noticeable on the close-up photos of the headstock on the Explorer-type. Very strange.
            Duncan Pickups in currently in use: '59 (rewound to PATB-3)/'59, Custom/AP2H, Tapped QP set for Tele, Crazy 8/Cool Rails, Screamin' Demon/Stra-Bro 90, Custom 5/Phat Cat, SP90-1/SP90-2, SMB-5D

Comment

I’ve done two from Precision Guitar Kits. Both set neck. Great quality. I want to do a PBass from them at some point.

Comment

I really like Warmoth’s stuff too.

Comment

Working...
                X