banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Cheap Shred Machines out there today...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Cheap Shred Machines out there today...

bar none ...are the new Kramers...

Seriously what's not to love?

Sound - Check (might need a pup swap at the most)

Playability - Check (They all play like butter...even the mega Cheap Baretta Special which is a seriously awesome guitar & not just for the price..)

Finish and setup - Check. (seriously good out of the box...pretty much flawless all of them)

Looks/finish - Check (Eh...... fk'n look at them!) \m/

Purple Baretta Special:

Purple Sparkle Pacer..

Green Striker..

Too bad I never got to play any of the originals from the 80's ...but these new ones totally KILL for a fraction of the cost of the original models,,

Share your thoughts
    "Less is less, more is more...how can less be more?" ~Yngwie J Malmsteen

I did it my way ~ Frank Sinatra

Originally posted by Rodney Gene
    If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Kramers in the 80s really ended up being flooded with cheap imported plywood models that ended up in most music stores. Most stores didn't have the nice ones back then. I am certain most Kramers these days are better than the average ones back then.
    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

I’ve seen a whole bunch of Barettas going surprisingly cheap and everyone who scooped ome up agree it’s the bees knee-buckets.
      The opinions expressed above do not necessarily represent those of the poster and are to be considered suspect at best.

Lead guitarist and vocalist of...

Keep up to date on our Facebook

Comment

They're surprisingly cheap anyway. It's shocking how well set up and finished they came out of the box (I have two)

If you let your tone speak for itself you'll find alot less people join the conversation.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
          Kramers in the 80s really ended up being flooded with cheap imported plywood models that ended up in most music stores. Most stores didn't have the nice ones back then. I am certain most Kramers these days are better than the average ones back then.
          Back then, i never even saw a Kramer here ..only in the guitar 'zines & those were all the pricey ones..

Youtube

Comment

I play those every time I see one. They are really sweet deals at $179

- Pickup is fine, you may prefer something else
            - Locking tuners and make sure the nut is good

Lot of guitar for the money if you don't need a Floyd.
            Originally posted by Bad City
            He's got the crowd on his side and the blue jean lights in his eyes...

Comment

I do not think defining a "shred" machine is easy. Yngwie shreds with single coils, Jake E. Lee shreds with a stop tailpiece. Then applying the tag of "best" on the guitar is even more subjective. Undoubtedly the Kramer is a great guitar but if I had one here it would most likely collect dust.

Comment

Not if You really love to Shred

The thing is you can shred on a 335 but these things were explicitly built fot it...and it shows

If I were a blues guy I probably wouldn't be loading one of those purple beauties into my truck for my next gig...

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post
                  I started playing after the demise of Kramer. I don't remember seeing them in any stores in 89-90. I do remember Charvels were still around (briefly).

Comment

Originally posted by Phantasmagoria View Post
                    Seriously what's not to love?

Share your thoughts
                    They look like a great value. The only thing is the medium jumbo frets. I love them after the first level, but after the second level... they are close to done.

I bought a Chinese superstrat a decade ago and after a few mild levels it needs new frets. They probably never expected anyone to play it so much and my bending and vibrato carved away the metal pretty quickly.

But I do love that low, close to the fret board feeling.

Comment

I think the Baretta's are Indonesian & the other two MIC. I'd say they all had great fret jobs out of the box, but the Baretta's actually had those machine-rounded fret ends you see on much higher ended guitars..

The medium jumbo frets will probably serve me for a decade or more at least until I need to start thinking about levelling them, so not a deal breaker for me. For how little you pay for them they feel like much more expensive instruments..

The pup's in the Baretta's nd the Pacer were pretty sweet for stock pup's. I still have them in my Baretta's (though I'm thinking of swapping out the one in my Purple axe for a black SD Custom...just for variation & kicks). The only reason I swapped out the Purple Pacer' pup's was 'cause aesthetically, I'm not crazy about white pup's. No regrets ,,,the Custom 5 (b) & 59 (n) that went in instead were a definite improvement over the stock pups (which were'nt bad at all either tbh)

Didn't care for the stock pup's in the Striker though...they may have sounded better with some height adjustment etc, but I never even tried. It's now got a Hotrails in the neck/JB in the bridge & I couldn't be happier
                      Last edited by Phantasmagoria; 08-24-2023, 06:42 PM.

Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Aceman View Post
                        I play those every time I see one. They are really sweet deals at $179

- Pickup is fine, you may prefer something else
                        - Locking tuners and make sure the nut is good

Lot of guitar for the money if you don't need a Floyd.
                        + 1

And if you need a Floyd (surface mounted) get a Pacer for not a whole lot more $$...or a Striker (recessed) for again, not much more $$.

But yeah...the Baretta is untouchable for what it is at the price it's sold at. Even the stock pup is brilliant.

Youtube

Comment

+ 1

And if you need a Floyd (surface mounted) get a Pacer for not a whole lot more $$...or a Striker (recessed) for again, not much more $$.

But yeah...the Baretta is untouchable for what it is at the price it's sold at. Even the stock pup is brilliant.
                          I've been eyeballin' a Baretta on Sweetwater.

Comment

Pull that trigger ..you won't regret it

Youtube

Comment

Not if You really love to Shred
                              The Kramer is just not set up for my tastes. The biggest thing is that I am not a big fan of FR terms. I would reach past it for my Black Winter Strat with the Babicz, Dimebucker/Kahler Iceman or B. C. Rich with the Sofia every time.

Comment

Working...
                              X