No announcement yet.

Ibanez was *this close

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know off hand where I can find a schematic for the wiring? I can do it myself, so don't go out of your way to make one, but if anyone already has one on hand, it would save me a little time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SWITCHING_DIAGRAM_036.png
Views:	103
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	6245792
    You will never understand How it feels to live your life With no meaning or control And with nowhere left to go You are amazed that they exist And they burn so bright
    Whilst you can only wonder why

Comment

A second hand in good shape, in Italy is at 240 euro. That's pretty cheap. But is it worth?

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post

But then how is 8 way switching going to help them? I understand the value of being able of being able to emulate a Gibson and Tele close enough that a beginner couldn't tell the difference, but at that level I remember not being able to decide what sounded best between just the 5 positions.
        That's the irony of this model , which I noted when it came out and all the promos were going 'yeah, this is a great started guitar'.
        Originally posted by dominus
        Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Or just get the HSS model and add a p/p to put the bridge pup coils in parallel or out of phase. Then you'd have the best of both worlds.
          Originally Posted by IanBallard
          Rule of thumb... the more pot you have, the better your tone.

Comment

My singer showed up with the blue one in the middle at practice last night. The guitar plays and sounds terrific. He was able to get it to thump and grind. It also has fantastic cleans, especially the neck single which is as good sounding as anything I have heard. The neck was dead straight with a pretty good action. I would have lowered it a bit more, but he is happy with it. THe bridge is also damn good with a nice action on the tremolo. But me being me I kept thinking "If this guitar had a Babicz it would push it over the top". The guitar is a steal, considering the tone, playability, and variety of sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Chistopher View Post
              Anyone know off hand where I can find a schematic for the wiring? I can do it myself, so don't go out of your way to make one, but if anyone already has one on hand, it would save me a little time.

Click image for larger version

Name:	SWITCHING_DIAGRAM_036.png
Views:	103
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	6245792
              You need this:

~~FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING~~ITEMS: Genuine Ibanez 5 Way Switch DYNA-MIX8 3SWLDMX8 for S-S-S Pickups Configuration Please see pictures for details. All pictures are original images of actual item..and it's being sold AS-IS .thanksShipp via Express Courier with the shipping number available !You wil...

Comment

Does it spund like a humbucker with bridge and middle in series?

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                  Yes, pretty close and very quiet. He was playing high gain and when he switched to the neck it was a bit noisy. When he put it in series it was dead quiet. It is a great bang for your buck guitar. Now with the MIM Fenders getting huge money, I could see people grabbing These as modding platforms. I was thinking about it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Top-L View Post
                    No 2 singles in series that I've ever tried sounds remotely like a humbucker. It has an interesting sound, but it ain't a humbucker sound.
                    Administrator of the SDUGF

Comment

Originally posted by Mincer View Post

No 2 singles in series that I've ever tried sounds remotely like a humbucker. It has an interesting sound, but it ain't a humbucker sound.
                      Maybe not a full-on H sound but it definitely didn't sound like a single and as I said he had a crapload of gain on the guitar.

Comment

No, it doesn't sound like a single, or 2 singles in parallel, but it is way different than a humbucker.

Comment

The two single coils in series sound is like the Brian May thing, pretty fat with more gain, clucky clean; a regular hb sounds tighter.
                          Originally posted by dominus
                          Your rant would sound better with an A8 magnet, it'll beef it up some without sacrificing some of the whine.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashurbanipal View Post
                            The two single coils in series sound is like the Brian May thing, pretty fat with more gain, clucky clean; a regular hb sounds tighter.
                            Yes, much tighter, less 'blurry'.

Comment

Working...
                            X